“Great Service and Clean!”

Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Oswego, Illinois
“Great Service and Clean!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and Suites and I must say that we are hooked! Great location of the highway and within walking distance to at least 5 different restaurants. The hotel offers free snacks and beverages from 5:30-7:00 pm. And from 3-10 pm free non-alcoholic beverages and popcorn!! The hospitality and service are unmatched- from my first phone call to reserve room until the second we left! And they're Pet friendly! Ended up staying at a Drury Inn the next night in anither city!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JacquelineZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived late at night and parking lot was extremely crowded, but very well lit, even parking in furthest row. Efficient check-in process. Room was spacious - bigger than expected. Towels were a little on the thin side. Breakfast was average - eggs undercooked and a bit runny for my tastes. Coffee was average at best - below quality of competitors. No ice machine on first floor - had to lug cooler to second floor.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from interstate to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback... we love to hear from our guests. I apologize that some of our amenities did not exceed your satisfaction. Our hotel is a very popular place and there are times when the parking lot is very full. We only have three sleeping rooms on our first floor and this is why we do not have an ice machine on the first floor. I would love to hear from you; please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your feedback further.

Thanks!
Maggie Vaughan
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved this wonderful hotel... amazing property and well worth a bit more ($10??). Great staff and amenities, spacious & very clean rooms. Next door to Famous Dave's BBQ & just west of town. We will only stay at this hotel next trip thru Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2013
Spicewood, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I felt like I was staying in a dog kennel with all the dogs and cats that were in this place. Granted we had no issue with fleas or allergies in our room but to me with that many animals staying in the hotel it's only a matter of time before my luck runs out and I am itching or sneezing.
Also the sixth floor hallway smells like a bar room with all the stale smoke, very unpleasant. I will choose a different hotel the next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Dennis 12305...
Thank you for sharing your feedback; we love to hear from our guests. During the summer months we tend to have a higher amount of pet guests, and we have a special cleaning procedure in place when our pet guests check out. This is why you did not experience a pet-related problem in your room.
Also, half of our 6th floor rooms are reserved for our Smoking guests and these rooms were all occupied during your stay. We do treat this floor daily for the smell and I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you. Please contact me at your convenience as I would welcome any further feedback you might have. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area. We would love to have you as our guest again.

Maggie Vaughan
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a deluxe hotel, with quality furnishings, and a huge reception area. All you can drink beverages and all you can eat hot breakfast also. Located right next to several restaurants, and positioned to have easy access to all of Amarillo. Do yourself a favor and go next door to the Saltgrass Steakhouse and get one of the most incredible steaks you will ever have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Drury Inn on 3 different occasions and each time our experience was the same. Super clean rooms, generous breakfast buffet, very accommodating/friendly staff, and no animal smell whatsoever in the rooms despite it being a pet-friendly hotel. Location off the freeway and within walking distance to many good restaurants make this hotel the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We came up here for the night and from the time we walked in we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff! A pet friendly hotel with an upscale appeal! I will keep this place in mind for future trips!

• Stayed August 2013