Fifth Season Inn & Suites
$76
$89
SleepInn
$89
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$120
Country Inn
Residence Inn Amarillo(Amarillo)
$129
Residence Inn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I was traveling from Tucumcari, New Mexico to Denton, Texas & had to stop in Amarillo.
I saw a sign about 10 miles west of town heading east. It was for the Executive Inn. I saw the sign said WiFi so I stopped. I went in and the desk clerk said the WiFi won't work in the rooms. I stated that's why I stopped. He was very gracious and I knew it wasn't his fault. I went about a mile down the road and saw a sign for the Fifth Season. It said $39.99 a night. I went in and I have to say I was flabbergasted. The staff were wonderful. They were clean and very helpful. My room was great!!! The WiFi worked perfectly. They have a great bar with a wonderful bartender. The total price was $45 and it's well worth it. I also talked to a few locals and they shared that I would not want to stay at the Executive unless I'm a crack addict or prostitute. This hotel was much better than I expected.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Got stuck here during an ice storm or we would have left. Dirty dirty dirty.
On the bright side, our car was stuck in the ice in the parking lot the next morning and a nice employee helped us get it out.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank StuckInAmarillo
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The room was large and nice. The price was right. But--We got little sleep. The rooms face the center of a large open space. It contains a bar, a party area, and a pool area. The bar and the bartender were the problems. She was loud, and was obviously drinking. She kept the party going until after 2am, when the bar was to close at 11pm (we were told by the front desk). We called the front desk 3 times to nicely ask, and then demand that something be done. She finally closed up, but with another 1/2 hour of slamming glasses and bottles around to let us all know how she felt about it. There apparently was no on site manager, and was still no manager there by the time we left the next morning. No one is watching over what happens there at all. The breakfast was a dissappointment also.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Pros:
the front desk person was nice,pleasant and helpful
reasonable rate

cons:
1)looks can be deceiving,it looks nice when you walk in the front,but,if you have a coupon,they will put you in the west wing where the crappy area is.
2)as soon as I walked in the room it reeked of marijuana and cigarette smoke and asked for a non smoking room
3)the noisy people in the halls screaming and yelling and blaring loud music
4)pop machines sell 20 oz bottles for $2.00 each.

well,you get what you pay for and I will not be staying here again,like my title said,spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Unfortunately, because I want to experience the nostalgia of Route 66, we passed through this disguised hotel along I-40. God damn coupon book.
Looking from the outside is amazing, the landscaping lights that hit the newly painted wall creates an illusion that you're gonna stay in one of the hotel in Vegas Strip.
I checked in the lobby and while the staff is processing our room I phoned my wife in the parking lot telling her that the place is awesome. In the lobby area, you can see the restaurant and bar which looks very promising.
Our room was located in the back part of the hotel, so we parked our car near to the room. To access the backdoor of every room you have to access first the main door inside the hotel.
As soon as we entered the room I breathed in the smell of the ROTTEN CARPET that it's odor is masked by some cheap detergent soap. The bed is SHAKY, the paint is FLAKY, even the emergency plan map is like a hand written that is peeling off from the wall.
Good thing we missed the continental breakfast 'cause I'm already skeptical.
Guess what? they have an indoor pool. Yehey! Lets check it out ! OMG! It looks like it needs one more night of stay to fully filter the nasty sheddings from hundreds of people who used it. Which I doubt if they did filter it.
On the brighter side, we were able to wash our clothes after a detergent vending machine jammed and took my first 4 quarters.

Bottom line is, don't be fooled by a good external looks and a cheap price, always read a review if possible which I did not on this on one.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family