“Layover While Traveling” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Layover While Traveling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We tried at least four other popular hotels first, but they were all full. As a last resort we stayed at the Fifth Season Inn & Suites. The lady at the front desk was very nice. I was told I was getting updated room with new furniture and that it was nice. Let's just say we did't want to change our clothes, we slept on top of our comforter. There were bugs in the bathroom. This room wad far from bring updated with new furniture. I will never stay at a Fifth Season ever again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jjfergs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Orangevale, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here on a cross country trip from California to Florida. I honestly have no idea why all of the reviews are so terrible. I booked through hotels.com, because they had a deal going on where the rate of the hotel was normally 78, but was on sale for 45 or something around that price.

The man who checked us in was very friendly, more so than any other hotel I stayed at. The hotel itself is beautiful on the inside as well. I did have to take away a star, because when we arrived, there was a homeless man sitting between the sliding glass doors that serve as the entrance to the lobby, and I'm not sure it was in sight of the front desk. I didn't feel comfortable walking inside until he had left. Even then, he lingered outside the hotel and we were a little worried about the car. However, everything was fine in the morning so I suppose it wasn't really need for concern.

We were given the room that was the first on the right, practically in the lobby. I was afraid that it would be horrendously loud, since I am a light sleeper, but it was not. There were a few chatty women that night, but no one disturbed us throughout the night or the next morning.

The bathroom was remodeled and everything was clean. The room had a few stains on the carpet, but other than that was clean and functional as well. The main important thing here was that the rooms were dark and quiet. Because the rooms are indoors, you don't really hear the noise from the freeway. Since they also don't have enormous windows, there wasn't light shining through in the morning to wake me up, which I really enjoyed!

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. We had sausage, eggs, toast, and oatmeal. They also provided juice and milk as well.

The hotel is not brand new, and it isn't going to be luxurious. However, it is clean, conveniently located, quiet, and provides great service through the front desk and breakfast. Great place to stay for practical people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Katelynn S
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I am staying at this hotel for two nights. The first night has already been bad enough to sour my opinion completely. I drove from Albuquerque for an event and this was the main sponsored hotel. We were not informed of the "$40 rooms are motel 6s, higher priced ones are better" situation but whatever. Reservations were made two months in advance and re-confirmed a week in advance.

Out of the three rooms we requested, they only had one. After eventually finding us a King room with a pull out couch instead of the second double we wanted, the power was out in the front room. Then they give us two individual single rooms. One of them is fine. The other one (Mine) not only smells disgusting but there is hair on the bathroom sink, pulling back the top sheet reveals a stained bottom sheet and more hair. The stain...looks like it was the result of a very fun time by the man who made it...So they attempt to switch me to a new King...Dirt on the bed, feces in the toilet and again, the power in the front room was off. The only other vacant room they had at this point was the Honeymoon suite, which had only a jacuzzi tub, no shower. Considering the lack of cleanliness from the other rooms, there was no way I was taking an actual bath anywhere. Eventually I have them switch me the first King suite which is clean at the very lease even if the power in the front room is off.

Again though, like other people have said, very rough and stained towels....but the rest of the room was cleanish.

Final Verdict: RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY SIMBA AND NEVER RETURN!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alexandra W
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I was very impressed on the service Deedra the front desk manager and the GM provided us when our children forgot their tablets at the hotel room. We were already two hours out when we realized the tablets had been left. When I called and spoke to Deedra she stated the tablets were there and the hotel could ship them to us so we did not have to turn around. Chris the GM was very friendly and concerned as he knew how much my boys would want their tablets returned. I am very grateful for the honesty and friendliness of the hotel GM and staff. I will be staying at the Fifth Seasons anytime we are in Amarillo. Thank you Chris and Deedra! GREAT SERVICE!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I didn't realize that a full regular breakfast of eggs, sausage & toast were included in the very reasonable price.
This facility caters to working people staying a week or more. I think this was a good deal for all concerned since these folks treated the place more like it was their own home. They were NOT rowdy at all.
The desk staff kind & told us where to eat and were spot on. You have a great deal of choices of major chains within walking distance.
The room was clean and it was quiet the one nite we stayed.
The hot tub was nice & warm and the people were friendly.
This is a good place to stay if your expectations are reasonable. I read the sign and thought that rooms were $39.99 a nite but it said that rooms STARTED at that price. I paid $49.99 internet price & was OK with that.

Room Tip: Call them directly to book if you can. I think the rooms in back are for more long stay folks... lik...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was moving from Missouri to California along historic Route 66 and after over 13 hours of driving, all I needed a hot shower, safe parking, clean bed, and a hot breakfast (no time or energy for any other amenities). The big billboard advertising $39 rooms here made the destination more attractive to me, winning out over the $135+ no-reservation chain hotels in the area. But the cheap room was in a rear annex of the hotel, in a poorly maintained wing. Maintenance closets had visible padlocks on them, some doors to empty rooms looked like they had been punched out and the entry door to the parking lot was unlocked. Definitely felt like a cheap motel from another era. The room was clean and shower was fine, but this was definitely an absolutely no-frills place. The hot breakfast in the morning was not the fueling-up buffet I hoped for: sweet workers served the breakfast on disposable plates and cups and seconds were $3 extra. All staff seemed happy enough, but I would not really be proud to work there. For a pit-stop, it was fine. Glad I only stayed less than 8 hours.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the newer wing, which surrounds the breakfast service area, but will cost more.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray Q
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I needed a place to spend one night while in Amarillo for a friend's graduation. After looking at several different places we settled on this one. The front desk manager, Chris, was very helpful and made sure everything was fine. Our room was clean and we slept well. (basic essentials, don't expect fluffy towels and a vast array of bath products.) The hotel is an older one. There were areas being renovated. The room we stayed in was a bottom floor one that had a door that opened to the parking area and a door that opened to the center dining area which I found to be rather interesting. Basic breakfast was served by friendly ladies.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple