The first time we stayed in this hotel it was a wonderful experience. A year later we left the hotel the same night. The room was clean and large just as we had expected, but the clanking noise that kept repeating, almost like someone tapping on a pipe with a wrench, was unbearable. Now between my husband and I, well, I am the picky one, so anyone that hears that it was my husband who decided we must leave knows it surely was bad. I reached out to the cocky desk clerk in regards to the noise and she said all the rooms on the 3rd floor hear the noise. I asked if we could change rooms, and I was told they were full and there were no rooms. My husband phoned 15 mins later and was laughed at and told he could come get ear plugs. Hmm...he went downstairs and was gone for a while so I decided to go down to the desk myself. I walk up and hear the clerk tell another couple, "I will give you this room and I will just give them (us) your room". After I questioned her I found out there had been a room available when I first asked...she just didn't want to help...she was eating. So, we moved to our new handicaped room...I was disgusted by the dark, smelly room. The furnature was placed in way that a wheel chair person could not move about. I can not believe they would put people in that depressing atmosphere. So, we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, Texas, home of the American Quarter Horse headquarters and Museum. Our Amarillo hotel is centrally located just 3 miles from downtown, the medical center and Westgate Mall. We feature stylish executive suites and spacious standard rooms. All rooms come fully equipped with a microwave, wet bar and refrigerator. This Amarillo hotel features a spectacular indoor heated pool with hot tub, and a fitness center with a flat panel TV. And yes, we are that hotel with the waterfall, located directly behind the Texas Roadhouse. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, our hotel invites you to enjoy the 100% smoke free and pet free environment, together with the free, hot Express Start breakfast (mmm cinnamon rolls). Local attractions: Amarillo Civic Center, Tri State Fairgrounds, Amarillo Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, American Quarter Horse Headquarters & Museum, Heritage museum, Wolflin Village, Historic Route 66, Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon featuring the official play of the State of Texas, La Paloma golf course, Amarillo Country Club, West Texas A&M, Amarillo Community College Local businesses: Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, Tradewinds Airport, Bell Helicopter, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Pantex, Tyson Foods, Owens Corning, BSA Hospital, North West Hospital, and The Laser Center for Vision. We look forward to seeing you in Amarillo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Express Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Amarillo
- Amarillo Holiday Inn