Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
niceville, fl
“Nightmare”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The first time we stayed in this hotel it was a wonderful experience. A year later we left the hotel the same night. The room was clean and large just as we had expected, but the clanking noise that kept repeating, almost like someone tapping on a pipe with a wrench, was unbearable. Now between my husband and I, well, I am the picky one, so anyone that hears that it was my husband who decided we must leave knows it surely was bad. I reached out to the cocky desk clerk in regards to the noise and she said all the rooms on the 3rd floor hear the noise. I asked if we could change rooms, and I was told they were full and there were no rooms. My husband phoned 15 mins later and was laughed at and told he could come get ear plugs. Hmm...he went downstairs and was gone for a while so I decided to go down to the desk myself. I walk up and hear the clerk tell another couple, "I will give you this room and I will just give them (us) your room". After I questioned her I found out there had been a room available when I first asked...she just didn't want to help...she was eating. So, we moved to our new handicaped room...I was disgusted by the dark, smelly room. The furnature was placed in way that a wheel chair person could not move about. I can not believe they would put people in that depressing atmosphere. So, we left.

Room Tip: I would avoid the upper floors just in case the wind blows
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank murch1
ManagerHIE-AMA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
murch1: Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize again for your experience at our hotel. Immediate corrective measures were taken to assure this type of situation does not occur in the future. Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction are very important to us and I apologize for the behavior of the agents you dealt with. If you are willing, I would love for you to stay with us in the future so that we may attempt to win you back over!
Kashion Smith
806.322.3050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Perfect really describes this hotel!! It was so clean, as soon as you walked in the door it smelled clean. The room was nice and extremely clean. The front desk staff were extremely nice. Bathroom was awesome and the shower head was so nice. This will be my hotel of choice when in Amarillo!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tracyumm
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but this is my favorite. The front desk and breakfast staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and provide a pleasant sleeping experience. Room temperature is controlled by thermostat on the wall. I find that many hotels either have inadequate A/C, or they leave you shivering in bed in the middle of the night. Climate control at this hotel was more like home, where your central A/C keeps you comfortable and is well balanced. The entire hotel - rooms, breakfast area, bathrooms, etc. - was clean. The location is great - near downtown and also along the route to Colorado if that is where you are headed. The hot breakfast is good and includes a number of solid options - whether you want eggs and sausage or a more healthy fare like oatmeal and fruit. We travel through Amarillo at least once a year, and plan to stay at this hotel every time. I didn't give it 5 stars because it really can't compete with hotels like the Omni, but as far as affordable travel options go, this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CasualTravelers96
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This property was very convenient to I-40. It offered plenty of parking and adjacent to a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Staff was professional and efficient. Room was very clean with comfortable beds. Had to leave before 6AM so I was not able to sample the free breakfast, but it smelled very good. Also offer an indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen B
Canadian, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I got this hotel on the luck of the draw through hotwire. I was very impressed, everything here was quality. Even the little shampoos were decent. Staff wasn't just real friendly, but the quality and comfort here made up for it. Lots of variety for breakfast, and it was actually good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynnincanadian
Iredell, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our stay was extremely wonderful. The room was very clean, cool, quiet, and comfortable. We always enjoy a good breakfast and we were provided with everything we wanted plus some. We would recommend it to anyone who wanted to stay in a nice hotel with a courteous staff.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and there was no noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rexie V
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I fly into Amarillo on a regular basis for business. Although there are hotels closer to the airport this is by far my favorite. They have all the same features I have come to expect from a HIE and a outstanding staff to boot. Today was an excellent example... As I was checking out at 4the am a customer was being overly abusive to the night shift clerk, Teresa.. over a technical problem that was out of her control.. despite the customers continues badgering she kept a very pleasant, and professional demeanor. My hats off to her and all the staff. Always a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012