“Lacks Service”

Comfort Suites South -- Amarillo
Ranked #35 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Housekeeping did not leave any clean towels and wash clothes, nor did they leave fresh coffee packets.
Breakfast was a mesh, seems they were lack of help. Many food items were not provided unless you were willing to wait for long periods of time.
They only had one elevator which seem to be in constant use during peak hours resulting in long waits.

Room Tip: They said they were animal free although we seen people with animals. Loud noises in hallways kids...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2012

As far as CS goes, I'd say this property was average, but sometimes one person can be a make-or-break and in this case, the desk clerk made the difference. A big thumb's up to her.

Comfort Suites Lubbock, please take note.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked a stay with this hotel on July 19, 2012 for that day. I was not told the cancelation policy. When booking this hotel I did not realize that there were 4 Comforts in Amarillo. I entered the address into my phone once leaving my training and it took me to this hotel. Once arriving I realized this was not the Comfort that I originally saw. The lady at the front counter assisted me in booking a room at the hotel I originally saw. When while on the phone with the other Comfort hotel the front desk lady asked me for my information to cancel my stay. I finished my phone conversation and thanked the front desk lady for her help. Once again not told about a cancelation policy and that I would be billed.
I stayed at the other Comfort. The next day, July 20, 2012 I noticed 2 charges on my account for 2 different amounts. I called the hotel I stayed at and they said they only billed me once. So then I called the first hotel and spoke to the Assistant General Manager. I explained to her what happened. She then informed me that there was a 24 hour cancelation policy and that I did not cancel in time. I informed her that I had booked it that day of the 19th and canceled it the same day because I was not aware that there was more than one Comfort. I told the AGM that I thought the lady at the front desk had canceled my reservation. The AGM then told me that the lady at the front desk did not have the authority to cancel reservations, which she had to have a manager’s approval. I told the AGM that I was not aware of the hotels policies and that it was not my fault the lady at the front desk did not tell me that. The AGM then told me “that it was not her fault that I booked at the wrong hotel” and that she was not going to give me a refund. She said I could call the 1-800 #.

This is bad customer service. Especially the attitude that the AGM had and how she treated me. When asked for the General Manager or the owner’s name she refused to provide that to me and told me he did not live in Amarillo. It is my understanding most Choice Hotels are owned by different people. It is sad when the corporate office can’t or won’t do anything about this. This leaves a bad taste in someone’s mouth overall for the Corporation. If I would have known that I was going to be billed for the stay I would have stayed there. However, since I was not informed the cancelation policy either time I did not know that I was going to be billed.

I called the Choice # and was told that someone would get back with me in 72 hours. No one contacted me, so I called the Customer Relations # and was told there was nothing that she could do. It was going to be between the Hotel and I. So the manager that was rude to me and was not helpful would have to look at the complaint and decide to give me my money back or not. She already told me once that she was not. The second time she is definitely not going too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stay at alot of comfort suites, and this place was a not up to standards. Its frustrating to me when I go into a property that has everything a good property should have, like good location, good size rooms, good amenities, ect... But is miss managed. As a customer, I want a clean place. This place was not. I like to see employees taking care of customers wants and needs; not texting, talking, playing their multimedia games. I want the breakfast area well stocked, not catered to some local family or friends. And all this for one of the highest prices we paid on our 4 1/2 week road trip! On a positive there are other places nearby, and food nearby!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Briandlinda
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

A Choice brand property, we found our room (200) clean and comfortable. Front desk staff courteous and pleasant. We did not check out the pool area so can not speak to cleanliness of this amenity. Basically we were after a clean and comfortable bed and lodging, we found this motel met our standards. Good senior rate for a suite. Offers a complimentary hot breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Hotel staff is friendly and professional. Rooms are a bit dated, but spacious and clean. It is away from the freeway and very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArizonaGolfinggirl
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel automatically charges guests for using the safe, whether they do or not. They will remove the charge, if asked ($1.50/day).

This is my only complaint. Okay hotel - except door to bathroom in room 215 won't close. And the public ladies room was dirty (no paper towels, dirty towel (from swimming pool?) and bits of toilet paper on the floor, also a bug - probably a spider) - I told the front desk and I think someone went to take care of it right away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple