“Some good some bad.”

Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
okla
“Some good some bad.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

They claim to be pet friendly, yet before the check in was even done, I was told if my dog barks the owner will have it removed> OMG What? of course my dog didnt bark she was very quiet the whole stay, but that remark made me think I may come back to the hotel and have no dog. The bathroom is tiny, the door would not close all the way. The carpet below the fridge and microwave was nasty, my dog wanted to keep licking it. yuck!!! The bed was comfortable. Was very nice and quiet. The pool almost gave me hyperthermia, very very cold, had to get in the spa after sticking just my feet in the pool to warm up and this is June summer time. Not sure if the neighborhood is good or not, someone at night tried to syphine gas out of our vehicle, yet new vehicles you cant do that anymore. thank goodness, we know cause our vehicle told us that morning when we went to get in it, the gas tank was open. It wasn't open the day before.. but I did like the quiet and comfortable bed, prices were good. This was my first time at country inn and suites, not sure I'll stay at one again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OklaOnthego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from a very long summer vacation! The location is very convenient; lots of restaurants nearby. The check in was quick and the clerk was very friendly. The room was comfortable. There is a nice selection of pillows, and everything in the room was in good working order. No broken towels racks or torn furniture here! We loved the pool and hot tub. They were huge! The hot tub was at a perfect temperature to soak after a day on the road. The breakfast was great, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, waffles, sausage, to name a few. They gave us a great military rate. It's hard to beat that price and that quality combined.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki W
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wonderful hotel in a great, safe and clean location in Amarillo. We were traveling with a small dog and pulling a trailer; we discovered there was no place to park our large SUV and trailer but Sandra at the front desk came up with an ingenious idea that worked for us!!!! Rooms were clean and updated....we WILL be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Fordism
Dallas, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived here early morning on our way to NC. The hotel outside is big and beautiful made of brick. I liked the country design of the lobby and it had a nice scent in the hallways like a special spray. My room was mostly clean. The carpet looks old and is dusty if you look behind the bed. Unfortunately, our sink was clogged and since it was early in the morning when we arrived, I didn't want to call someone to come fix it. I told them in the morning and all they said was "sorry." It would of been nice to be compensated for the inconvenience. Love the breakfast. They had a big pot of a huge Quaker Oats container filled with Oatmeal which was perfectly made. The also had fruit salad, waffles, eggs sausage, ham bagels, pastries, cereal etc. I would advise to get down there early to eat. There is plenty of space and food. I went down early to get coffee and a bagel early, but when I went back with my family 30 min before breakfast was over there wasn't much oatmeal left or fruit salad so it seems like they don't replenish at the end of the breakfast time. Another plus is how they also offer bold coffee along with the regular for us strong coffee drinkers. This is the 3rd hotel I have stayed in on my cross country trip. It's not my favorite but overall I would stay here again. The area is nice and quiet and looks new.

I give it a 3 rating due to the clogged sink which someone should have discovered, not clean to my standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Right off the interstate, close to a bunch of chain restaurants that everyone would love and Target. Good for a good night's sleep after two week of travelling when we needed to restock! Not sure if Amarillo has a downtown/heart of the city but this wasn't it. If you really want to taste the city this seems more like a stop on the outskirts.

Clean hotel, very nice! Hate the comforters (I like the all white linens in most hotels and I'm wary of colored comforters) but it's a small bone to pick.

Thanks Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mishawaka,In
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was a block from I-40. No highway noise. Everything was very nice and clean, seemed almost new. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was more then expected. The beds were comfortable. The shower and bathroom were excellent. Stayed one night on our tour of route 66. Safe area and safe parking. Will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side of the hotel. Desert for as far as you can see. No noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IndianaJoe4
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We like everything about this hotel and have stayed several times on our way to and from Colorado. Our room is always clean, spacious, nice linens/bedding, and all we need for a 1 night stay. Breakfast is ample. Check the rates. We think under $100 for this high quality is a very good value.

Room Tip: The only reason service did not receive "Excellent rating" is that the receptionist was al...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business