Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Amarillo I-40 West, TX
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was a block from I-40. No highway noise. Everything was very nice and clean, seemed almost new. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was more then expected. The beds were comfortable. The shower and bathroom were excellent. Stayed one night on our tour of route 66. Safe area and safe parking. Will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side of the hotel. Desert for as far as you can see. No noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IndianaJoe4

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We like everything about this hotel and have stayed several times on our way to and from Colorado. Our room is always clean, spacious, nice linens/bedding, and all we need for a 1 night stay. Breakfast is ample. Check the rates. We think under $100 for this high quality is a very good value.

Room Tip: The only reason service did not receive "Excellent rating" is that the receptionist was al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wagon Master
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is located 1 block off of highway 40 in West Amarillo. Commerce and restaurants are only minutes away. The hotel has a nice pool, and extra large hot tub. The rooms are confortable, breakfast is good, and staff is friendly. This hotel will get very crowded in the evening though due to the close proximity to highway 40. We had dinner at the Big Texan steak house, which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Make reservations early.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel frequently, and Country Inns are always among our top choices. This one was quite nice as is usual for this chain. Good beds, clean throughout, nice bath and shower. The only thing we didn't like was the 11a checkout, as we tend to travel late, but they did (reluctantly) give us a little more time. The staff was friendly and accommodating with the exception of Amanda in the morning who was not as nice as she could've and and should've been; (sorry Amanda, but its true). Nice hot breakfast and overall a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Penny D
Reviewed April 17, 2013

After traveling all day in a small car we were ready spend the evening just relaxing, and your hotel completely filled the bill! Fresh, home-made cookies in the lobby - I was in heaven. The luggage carts made it easy to get everything inside. The check-in process went smoothly and it only took a moment to get up to the room. Large, clean, comfortable all come to mind. The room was all three. Specialty teas were available in the breakfast area as well as a couple of kinds in the room.

Next morning breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, and four or five toppings. Waffles, cereals, and more. And the tables were kept immaculate. Cleanest breakfast room I've ever seen in a hotel.

Pool was nice, as was the hot tub that would have held at least 15-20 people. Exercise room was equipped with everything I needed.

If I'm in Amarillo again, I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed this nice hotel, were tired out from driving long distances, and needed a nice place to chill out. Hotel lobby is decorated nicely, clerks were friendly as can be, room was great, could actually open the windows and let a breeze in, we like that alot. Room was large, bathroom clean and good shower.

Room Tip: Our room looked out the front, had windows open, but it was quiet, and not alot of street noise, no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kuchenesser
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was traveling through Amarillo last week and stopped at your Hotel. From the minute I walked through the door, I knew I had made the right decision in Hotel stay. The front lobby and dining area were very nicely decorated and inviting. The cleanliness was superb. When checking in, your desk clerk Kristen went out of her way to help and assist with my needs. She saw I was having trouble walking (due to a recent knee surgery) and she went with me to my car and carried my luggage inside the hotel. What a wonderful young woman you have working for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo