I have stayed at this hotel three times over the past year. It is a clean hotel very convenient to Westgate Mall, and plenty of other shopping and dining. Very near I-40. Staff is professional, though some front desk staff members could be warmer and more welcoming. The rooms are kept clean. Bathroom is small, and tub floor is slightly higher than the bathroom floor, so that's a bit awkward when getting in and out. The breakfast room is nice, and there are several options available.
My main disappointment with this hotel involves the pool and spa. The pool is gorgeous, and the spa is HUGE. Sounds good, right? Just don't plan to be able to enjoy them. Each time we have visited, swimming was high on the list for my grand-daughters. But each day of each visit we found the pool/spa room taken over by groups of unruly children and adults who did nothing to discipline their behavior.
The first time, there was a family hosting a birthday party for their teen out of room near the pool. Teens who apparently were not registered at the hotel were let into the pool area through an exterior door, and the pool/spa was taken over by about a dozen very loud, active teen girls. Okay, bad luck we thought. We stayed again a few months later because the pool/spa are so great, and we thought we could enjoy them the second time around. Nope. Another party - this one including adults coming in through the exterior pool house door carrying cases of beer. Kids were in the spa and pool with the hotel's pool towels, using them as toys. Kids were sitting on the steps of the spa, blocking exit and entrance for other guests. Parents were letting kids use the spa like a kiddy pool.
I'd have stayed at a different hotel this last visit, but my youngest grand-daughter loves the beautiful tile mosaics in the pool and spa. So we gave it another try. Worst experience yet. This time, there was a softball or baseball team staying at the hotel. The pool house was taken over by about eight to ten boys looking to be between 7 and 12. While adults either ignored them or cheered them on, the boys did cannonballs into the spa (while we were sitting in there), used cups from their rooms to throw water at each other in a water fight in the spa, climbed on the rocks making the waterfall into the pool, did cannonballs, bellyflops, and running somersaults into the pool, and jumped into the pool over the heads of people already in the water. Long after we left the pool, well after 10 p.m., they were still in there yelling so loudly that they could be heard in the hallway outside our room.
If we could ever enjoy the pool and spa in peace, this would be our only choice for a hotel in Amarillo. They really need to put in a security camera so that front desk staff can monitor what's going on in that pool area. And children should not be allowed in the spa without an adult actually IN the spa with them. It is not right that some few individuals ignoring rules prevents other paying guests from enjoying the hotel's pool and spa. We'll be trying a different hotel when we return to Amarillo in February.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites Amarillo I-40 West offers affordable accommodations, thoughtful amenities and a convenient location near top attractions, making it the ideal place to land while visiting the Amarillo, TX area. Our hotel in Amarillo is just off I-40 West and near downtown Amarillo and Historic Route 66, putting guests in the perfect position to enjoy such attractions as Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Wonderland Amusement Park and Amarillo National Center. To ensure our hotel guests an enjoyable stay in Amarillo, the Country Inn & Suites offers attractively styled rooms and suites, an indoor pool and whirlpool, an on-site Fitness Center, a Business Center, complimentary high-speed Internet access and a free hot breakfast daily. Other points of interest nearby include Amarillo West Medical Center, Westgate Mall, Rick Husband International Airport, Amarillo Civic Center and Splash Amarillo Waterpark. Book your stay online today and experience comfort and style at the Country Inn & Suites Amarillo I-40 West hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Amarillo Hotel Amarillo
- Country Inn And Suites Amarillo
- Country Inn Amarillo
- Amarillo Country Inn