“Friendly staff.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
“Friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a stop on our way back from Moab, Utah. We only stayed one night but it seemed reasonably priced. The carpet was dirty but other then that, the place was pretty clean. The pool area was nice. Breakfast was good and the location was perfect for us to jump right on the Interstate in the morning. There were restaurants and gas stations close by. It was nice to have everything so close together. Friendly staff and clean rooms. We always stay here when we are passing through the area.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed 1 night as we moved across the country. Our teenage daughters LOVED the pool and would've stayed longer if possible (the hot tub is immense). Also, just outside we watched prarie dogs play. The room was nice, the area around the hotel was nice too. Pets allowed which was great, and they have a breakfast room. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Borger, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nice stay! Room was quite and clean. I really enjoyed the pool and the grounds are well maintained. Pretty good breakfast choices. The cookies and coffee in the lobby are a nice touch. The location is also great with shopping and lots of restaurant nearby.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff here is nice, friendly and courteous. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was very comfortable and roomy. Bathroom very clean and. I try to visit Amarillo at least once a year and will be making Country Inn my home away from home on my future visits.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is best if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Danville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The outside is spectacular. Lobby beautiful. Rooms are disappointing. Smell musty. Beds are horrible. Furniture was sticky... and, this was the second room we were given! The first room had furniture ON THE BEDS! Smelled like mold and who knows what. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was newer, spacious and clean. Nice bathroom amenities. Lots of nice green lawns for doggies. We were comfortable here enroute to Texas from Colorado. Easy check in and out.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel was great. Looked new, only 5 yrs old and felt like a home when you walked in. The management and front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was the best I've evere had in a roadside chain. Fresh blueberries to make your own yogurt parfaits. Real oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, and craisins Make your own sausage biscuits plus all the regular pastries, bagels and dry cereals. And if that's not enough he hit tub was the biggest I've ever seen and not so hot you scald yoursel. We can't recommend it highly enough!
Enjoy your stay.