“Nice, quiet and pet friendly.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was newer, spacious and clean. Nice bathroom amenities. Lots of nice green lawns for doggies. We were comfortable here enroute to Texas from Colorado. Easy check in and out.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel was great. Looked new, only 5 yrs old and felt like a home when you walked in. The management and front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was the best I've evere had in a roadside chain. Fresh blueberries to make your own yogurt parfaits. Real oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, and craisins Make your own sausage biscuits plus all the regular pastries, bagels and dry cereals. And if that's not enough he hit tub was the biggest I've ever seen and not so hot you scald yoursel. We can't recommend it highly enough!
Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just completed a trip from Chicago to Arizona with our 50lb Am.Bull/mix and we were so grateful to have the option of staying in clean, pet friendly places along the way. At the Country Inn & Suites they welcomed Louie with a bag of treats and a water bowl. I very conveniently booked the hotel on my phone through the Orbitz app. choosing from hotels that allowed pets. My only advice is to be aware that there is an extra $20 charge for pets. I would have booked another hotel with softer mattresses (a bit too firm for my liking), had I known. All the same, I would definitely recommend Country Inn & Suites for guests with pets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Dallas/Plano and found it to be pretty nice. It is right off the highway so it is easy to find and close to many restaurants. The rooms and the grounds of the hotel are clean, and the breakfast is really good! You get a square meal of a waffle, sausage, eggs, your choice of bread (bagel, muffin, or toast), cereal (warm or cold), fruit, and drink. My only complaint was one of the girls at the desk was not very attentive and over charged us (but the problem got fixed) and the fridge in our room was not working and we lost $30 worth of food from Famous Daves.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Not bad of a stay. Probably the best breakfast I've had at highway motels. Apparently according to their pet policy, if your pet is barking in the room and you are not there, they call animal control. Probably just an empty warning, but kinda dumb none the less. Paper thin walls and doors. My wife and kids were talking at a normal conversation tone and I could hear them (and understand them pretty clearly) from out in the hall. Not a place for folks on a honeymoon...if you know what I mean. Nice grounds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year on our pilgrimage from Austin to our property near Colorado Springs. We have always found the staff accommodating and kind, and our son loves the pool area (it is huge, clean, and awesome). I always pre-pay to get the lowest rate. Well, this year, we had to postpone our trip because the road to our property in CO was engulfed in flames. We waited, hoping that things would take a turn for the better and we would be able to safely make the trip. Alas, not so. First, I called the main Country Inn & Suites reservation line to see if I could move the dates of our stay. They told us that because we prepaid they could not do it, but suggested I call the manager of the hotel directly. I called the manager of the hotel to explain the situation and beg her to let us change our dates, and she did so promptly and kindly. She did not have to help us--the policy for prepaid reservations is clear. No refunds, no changes. Her response says a lot to me about the quality of the hotel. I want to spend my money with people who are good and kind, and I'll spend my money at this place any time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank C B
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We're really enjoying our stay, haven't had any problems and this our 2nd day! Staff is friendly, helpful, even gave me a coupon for the place we decided to eat dinner.
I called to extend our stay another and was oked right away, with the same rate, etc.
Love the arm chair with foot stool! Helps to be able to sit with feet up to read, text, etc.
Little pricey for me, but well worth it in terms of comfort, staff, cleanlyness, etc.
Definintly better than the two LaQuinta's we stayed at for about the same price!

• Stayed: June 2012