“Welcome Travelers”

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
ABQ, NM
“Welcome Travelers”
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We stayed here 1 night of a 3 day trip from Ohio to Albuquerque. The hotel was very clean, very quiet, and extremely comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is always a plus. There are plenty of places to eat around the area, mostly chains, though it's a little hard to find the entry/exit into the hotel parking lot. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking Lot design
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank albuquerqueturkey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed for a family 50th wedding anniversary get together. The hotel has some really nice common areas for visiting. The pool and jacuzzi area are very roomy and have plenty of chairs. The front entrance has an area with benches and rocking chairs that we used. The rocking chairs are a nice touch. The rooms are average. The hotel seemed to be short staffed and all rooms were sold out.

• Liked — the common areas of the hotel
  • Disliked — furnishings in rooms need to be updated
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank texaschik
Temple, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2007

On a business trip we stayed at this hotel after leaving another hotel in the area. Come to find out both have the same owner. The rooms were clean and the general hotel appearance is good. One of our rooms on the first floor had a problem with the door shutting properly (due to settling) and in two of the four rooms we had; the lights over the mirror in the bathroom did not work evidently the cleaning ladies do not report these. We reported one of the lights being out and in 4 days it was never fixed. The continental breakfast was ok but they had bread but no toaster for the time we were there. I have stayed at better Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank rsanford24
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 8, 2006

I had no issues during my stay. The place was clean and my room ready as expected with an on-line booking through AAA. The location is close to an Interstate exit. The breakfast in the morning had a great variety and was ready when I was checking out at 5:45am. My only remark would be the lack of parking. While I was driving a 26-foot rental truck and towing a car carrier, the regular parking spaces seemed to just fit those others that are checked in. I had to park out on the frontage road in the dirt and mud. Otherwise, the hotel in general was great and it appeared the pool area was nice as well.

• Liked — Close to Interstate exit.
  • Disliked — Lack of parking for large vehicles and towing trailers
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
2 Thank OtterXP
Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2006

The outside of the hotel is not very well maintained. Upon arrival, we were given keys to a room that was already occupied by someone else.....and yes they were in the room when we came in. The rooms are small and dark. The walls are thin.....you can hear the TV next door perfectly. The bathrooms are small and the vanity/sink area is in the toilet shower area. The coffee maker is hard to use because it is in a bookshelf type cabinet without adequate clearance. Last but not least, even though there are other hotels etc. within sight, this location is rather isolated and "cut off" in comparison to the others.

3 Thank krla
Orange County, CA
Reviewed July 27, 2006

Folks, there are not lots of good choices in Amarillo. This is a newer Country Inn and Suites and we had a good experience with their Tucson property so we gave it a try. Our rooms were clean and the staff was accomodating. We did not have any of the cleanliness concerns of the prior reviews. The place is just a few hundred yards off I-40 and really does not have much charm. It was a good place to to stop and rest for one night. I do think it is one of the better places to stay in Amarillo, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank rapbtp
Fort Worth
Reviewed July 7, 2006

I was torn between the two lowest categories, but I am trying to be kind. We stayed in this hotel this week. It is over grown and ill kept. The building looks nice but the lot and landscape are a disaster. The inside of the hotel is over decorated and dirty. By the looks of things it is a newer hotel but by the dirt and filth on the walls and floors you could not tell it.
The front desk staff were nice, no problems, very friendly but this did not make up for the mess on the elevator doors, walls, bathroom walls, drawer pulls and carpet.

I had read all of the glowing reviews of this hotel and thought "wow" a nice place to rest. WRONG. We did sleep but we actually wiped down everything with wipes.

The only excuse that I can see would be that it was over a holiday weekend and they were short staffed but this dirt was not a new thing here.

Sorry, wish I could say something more positive.

Oh, get there early for a parking place, two pick up trucks hauling 4 wheeler trailers thought that it was cool to park side ways taking up over 14 parking places. The rest of us had to park behind a fence at a rental car place. ............................

1 Thank newtexan