“even better than home”
Review of La Casita Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
La Casita Del Sol
Ranked #2 of 14 Amarillo B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love staying here when I'm in Amarillo! Bonnie is the perfect hostess and her rooms are all very comfortable and decorated with so much charm and artistic decor. Her location is in a quiet historic area so I always sleep soundly and then look forward to a home-cooked breakfast with Bonnie's own jams and preserves.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Robin A

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked a horseback ride at Palo Duro Canyon State Park, and found a great place to stay at La Casita del Sol. Bonnie was a wonderful hostess, and fixed us a fine early breakfast. The Ralph Dundee Room was just fine has a nice big bathroom. Wished we 'd had more time to check out the classy local art collection on the walls

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bill a
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely and lovingly restored Spanish style home with vibrant colors and fun decor. Plan to relax a little in the garden, not just dash in and on your way. Colorful songbirds like to visit this garden as well. Breakfast was wonderful and freshly prepared: the jams were delicious. I meant to buy some jars to take home, but we talked so much with the owner, Bonnie, that I got distracted. But I'd certainly stay here next time in Amarillo, rather than a sterile cookie cutter hotel along I40.

Room Tip: All ground floor rooms were well decorated and had good bathrooms. While sitting in the garden, you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ironpen
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Texas and we knew nothing about the Amarillo area, but have stayed at many bed and breakfasts before, so really wanted to find one there. We stumbled upon La Casita and just LOVED it from the first second we walked in. The room was so cozy and warm and beautifully decorated, I slept great on the giant fluffy king bed. Bonnie is an amazing cook, and they have said it many times, but her homemade jelly and biscuits are AMAZING. If we return to Amarillo, I would stay there every time!

Room Tip: Choose "La Encantada" the king suite, you will not regret this gem!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ebu527
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Actually stayed Dec'08 and Jan2009 and 2010June! Repeat stays. Bonnie is a wonderful propritor and chef :) Her remodled home is the most unique in history and fun stories. Her homey kitchen is great for a family/friendlly atmosphere. I pray she is still there when I go thru Amarillo again!
Ruth

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank logs4mom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Last Casita del Sol is a winner. The hospitality of owner Bonnie is great. The rooms are comfortable and wonderfully decorated. The house has intriguing architecture. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The suite with a skylight is wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ynchvvs
Reviewed September 5, 2012

La Casita is simply wonderful; superlatives just don't do it justice. The rooms are very neat, clean, quiet, and charmingly decorated with great creature comforts like excellent matresses, high threadcount sheets, and plush towels. There is a lovely large walled garden for relaxing and the B&B is walking distance from most downtown locations and Amarillo College and otherwise is very conveniently located near I40. But best of all, the Innkeeper, Bonnie, is delightful company and makes fantastic made-to-order breakfasts. She does everything possible to make your stay perfect without hovering, making you feel welcome in her lovely home. As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY place to stay in Amarillo if you want to ensure a truly enjoyable, restful visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends