“Very good and lots of variety!”
Review of China Star

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good and lots of variety!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

For a Chinese Buffett it is very good and has lots of variety, hot and cold. The service is friendly and great! 3 people it cost 30 bucks! Not too bad!

1 Thank Mckenzie G

Ft Worth
“A great Chinese buffet”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very wide variety of selections, fresh, hot and lots of it.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Ron_TX_Ft_Worth
Amarillo, Texas
“I ate the whole thing”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Mother and stopped by for a quick bite. As usual the food was way above standards, so was the wait staff. If a local or just passing through this is the best asian food in Amarillo.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Guy K
Minneapolis
“A good Chinese buffet.”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is a buffet. Therefore the food will not be fantastic as they need to cook for the 'average' pallet. That being stated this is a good Chinese buffet. There were plenty of choices and they were all relatively fresh, They were changing the food quite often while I was there.

I was there for lunch at around 1:25 PM and the food was very plentiful. The service was good for a buffet. The food was tasty and hot.

The tables were clean. Most of the seating area is carpeted so there were some tables where the table and chairs were clean but there were some crumbs visible where more than likely children had been seated earlier.

When I would return to my table after re-visiting the buffet my plate was always gone and I even noticed they had filled my teacup.

I found the ambiance good for a buffet style dining room.

I would definitely return.

• Visited February 2012
Dallas, Texas
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Driving through Amarillo, we had a taste for Chinese and picked this place based on some decent reviews and how close and convenient it was. It is a buffet, but you can order off the menu or get a to-go box for the buffet. The staff was terrific, take-out service was super fast and the food was pretty good. We split our order with a few items off the menu and two to-go buffets, so we ended up with WAY too much food for the five of us. Not the best we've ever had, but a very pleasant surprise.