“inexpensive, functional, needs maintenance”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Camelot Inn

Camelot Inn
Camelot Inn
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Greenbelt, Maryland
“inexpensive, functional, needs maintenance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place has a very unique outside look; as someone mentioned, its roofline is shaped like the battlements of a castle. The inside is run down, and the second floor is unused and not accessible. All ground-floor rooms have an inside door onto the hallway, and an outside door to the parking lot. My room, toward the back of the building for quietness, was unusually large and the bed was comfortable. Security seems iffy (the door from the parking lot to the hallway has no lock) and the door locks wimpy (I blocked the outside door with a chair). Not a place where I would take my family, but a very good deal on the wallet. Just off the interstate. Front desk lady was quite friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: stay as far away from the front of the building as you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gpcd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Many moons,ago.motorcycle tire tracks on wall in room.las room in town due to event.advertised price not honored.id call it a toilet but thats an insult to toilets.room was on 2d floor.how a hotel can seem so unsafe with so many cops around all night is beyond me.NEVER STAY HERE (the only hotel that might be worse is the western inn in taylor, texas under the airstrip)

• Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

we stopped here because my son thought it would be fun to stay in a castle. The woman on the front desk was very friendly when I checked in and was happy for me to see a room first, but I didn't bother. my son opened up the room and said the hallway smelt of urine. Once in the room, we read all of the reviews and I have to say we were spooked, but we were only here for one night and the room didn't seem so bad, if only the door had one of those latch chains...

For our one night stay, the issue with the room is not really inside. We didn't have any of the issues the other reviewers mentioned, although the room itself did need some work. The main issue for me was noise. We could hear the TV in the room next door, we could hear the conversations of people walking down the hall, we could hear the trucks on the freeway, the airconditioner was too loud to leave on during the night.

We were out and on our way early the next day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bronte, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here while on business, because it was cheap and I have to pay for my room. I stayed on the back side of the motel. The cops were parked here almost daily. I saw 2 arrests and a couple of drug deals. The hallways smelled like urine. The rooms had holes in the walls and the carpet was so matted you had to wear shoes to keep from sticking to the floor. The owner is an a## and rude. It's almost better to sleep in your truck.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank walts481
Bushland
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This motel will not allow guests of any kind in the room, so if u pay for 1 person sleeping there, they throw a fit if another person even steps foot in the room. I found a crack pipe stuck behind the nightstand burned to the wall as well as a baggie of cocaine when I opened the BIBLE!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Sleeping in your car is safer!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Angela J
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok so I am currently staying here now, due to no refund I have to stay for the next week :-(( looks nice from the outside my son loved the idea of staying in a castle he called it. So the room, nice paint in the room but there's buggers on them and I don't know what the other stuff is on them, the lil balcony we have is nice but the door is extreamly poor. We have to keep the heat on cuz there's soo much cold air blowing in, like everyone is saying the pillows are flat as hell and dnt look in the pillow case cuz ewwww the pillows are nasty! When the bed is stripped it's got stains on the bed the sheets have ciggarette burns in them and are ripped the chair has burns on it the long table were the tv is has burns in it and the bathroom tub has burns all over it. So nasty! My sons socks are gross from walking on the floor. You can hear the people next to you very well the walls are very thin. The window is also cracked to outside and they atempted to tape it but it's been halfway ripped off. Overall it's extreamly dirty if you actually look and see. Oh lol one funny thing is they screwed a painting to the wall upside down it's not hard to notice!
As soon I can I am going to a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Jip_jackie
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Management will lie to you in a heart beat. Was told we could change to a king after Christmas then told all rooms booked after we had paid for the week. So my guy and I are stuck in a double room with two double size beds. The rest of our crew arrives tomorrow so they are going across the highway for the month we'll all be here. We'll join them over there next week because this place won't give us a refund at all. This place lost out on renting 6 rooms for the next month.
The carpeting is really gross, we wear our shoes in the room. it feels kind of tacky. The fridge and microwave both work but I cleaned them out before we used them. They were dirty.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business