“stay here if you might want to be on cops”
Review of Camelot Inn

Camelot Inn
and 1 more site!
Camelot Inn
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Bronte, Texas
“stay here if you might want to be on cops”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here while on business, because it was cheap and I have to pay for my room. I stayed on the back side of the motel. The cops were parked here almost daily. I saw 2 arrests and a couple of drug deals. The hallways smelled like urine. The rooms had holes in the walls and the carpet was so matted you had to wear shoes to keep from sticking to the floor. The owner is an a## and rude. It's almost better to sleep in your truck.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank walts481

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bushland
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This motel will not allow guests of any kind in the room, so if u pay for 1 person sleeping there, they throw a fit if another person even steps foot in the room. I found a crack pipe stuck behind the nightstand burned to the wall as well as a baggie of cocaine when I opened the BIBLE!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Sleeping in your car is safer!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Angela J

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok so I am currently staying here now, due to no refund I have to stay for the next week :-(( looks nice from the outside my son loved the idea of staying in a castle he called it. So the room, nice paint in the room but there's buggers on them and I don't know what the other stuff is on them, the lil balcony we have is nice but the door is extreamly poor. We have to keep the heat on cuz there's soo much cold air blowing in, like everyone is saying the pillows are flat as hell and dnt look in the pillow case cuz ewwww the pillows are nasty! When the bed is stripped it's got stains on the bed the sheets have ciggarette burns in them and are ripped the chair has burns on it the long table were the tv is has burns in it and the bathroom tub has burns all over it. So nasty! My sons socks are gross from walking on the floor. You can hear the people next to you very well the walls are very thin. The window is also cracked to outside and they atempted to tape it but it's been halfway ripped off. Overall it's extreamly dirty if you actually look and see. Oh lol one funny thing is they screwed a painting to the wall upside down it's not hard to notice!
As soon I can I am going to a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Jip_jackie
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Management will lie to you in a heart beat. Was told we could change to a king after Christmas then told all rooms booked after we had paid for the week. So my guy and I are stuck in a double room with two double size beds. The rest of our crew arrives tomorrow so they are going across the highway for the month we'll all be here. We'll join them over there next week because this place won't give us a refund at all. This place lost out on renting 6 rooms for the next month.
The carpeting is really gross, we wear our shoes in the room. it feels kind of tacky. The fridge and microwave both work but I cleaned them out before we used them. They were dirty.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Freebyrd2t
Mesa
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Had to stop through on my way to Arizona with my 2 small children. The place looked ok from the outside but was horrible in the room. As soon as I opened the door I noticed that the bed looked made but also that someone had been rolling round on it. I sat my purse on the floor by the bed and pulled the blanket down to check out the sheets.... AND THEN a flippin drug needle fell on my purse. I quickly advised my children to not touch anything nor take their shoes off. Also the sheets had not been changed from the last person and were stained.
I was pissed. I went to the manager and asked for a refund. I was given another room instead. Are you serious????? So the next room was just as creepy as the one before *sans druggie AIDS needles and tiny plastic baggies*. The pillows were flat as possible. We all slept in our clothes and on top of the blankets. That is the worst place I have ever seen in my life. I will never stop there again and will ALWAYS advise people about what a true DUMP it really is. Not only were my children and I totally freaked out but a nasty needle fell on my dang Vera Wang bag :(

Room Tip: Always take the safe route and stay at the Hampton... It is always so nice and clean. I love it ther...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TheWifey1
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Worst place ever!!..bed was DISGUSTING!! ask for nonsmoking, room and an the room I smelt like smoke ..bed sheets were dirty and smelt..went to get money back..werent even in the room for 2 full hours. wouldnt refunded the whole about back because..get this..the bed was unmade..uumm..hello..I check the bed before I sleep in it..gross..fair warning to all...looks can be decieving..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Jane S
Avon
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I will NEVER stay here again! We were on our way through the lower half of the states and at 3 am we decided to stop! I wish I'd stopped at a rest area or just slept in the car! We ALL (5 of us!) slept in our clothing, on top of the covers, we did NOT bring in our suitcases. We did not even use the BATHROOM! We waited till we found a rest stop to brush our teeth and use a restroom. My daughters' bed had blood stains on it, so she slept with us in our bed (a freakin double bed with 2 adults & a 9 yr old wiggleworm). The stench was not so wonderful either. None of us even took our shoes off! Would not stay here again for anything!

Room Tip: Don't stay here EVER!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family