“Think of it as Texas Roadhouse on steroids,” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Texan Steak Ranch

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #8 of 501 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Southport, NC
“Think of it as Texas Roadhouse on steroids,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Everything is bigger in Texas! It was a little production line but it was good, First off, they sent a limo (complete with Steer horns mounted on the hood) to pick our group up. It was crowded inside but the service was very good. They make their own beer and I tried the "big sampler" which had small cups (2 oz ?) of 12 different kinds of beer for $11. I had the 50th Anniversary steak which had a 18 oz Sirloin steak, baked potato, salad and a roll for $24.95. I ordered my steak medium but it cam out medium well. I mentioned it to my waitress, she whisked it away and came back in about 10 minutes with a steak the way I wanted it. So to recap, Limo ride, 12 kinds of beer, good food, great service, in a interesting atmosphere. Sounds pretty good, and I'd go again.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Tyler, Texas
“Big meals, big price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have wanted to stop here since I was a kid when we would take road trips with my family. After 35 years, I finally made it. It is a real fun, nostalgic place. Our server was very nice, efficient and friendly. The price for three of us eating was a little much for a meal that was nothing really special..$100. I did like the 2 elderly gentlemen who came and sang a song for us at our table, it is nice to see that. I guess I can't really complain about pricing because I really wanted the experienced dining there at least once on my life. Now I can scratch that off my list and hope that someday my kids will take their kids...just for fun.

Visited October 2013
amarillo, tx
“Worst food ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hostess did not smile when we went to put our name on the list. We sat there about 15 minutes she did not smile one time at anyone who went up to put their name on the list. Not much of a welcome. The food was terrible. We ordered prime rib and couldn't finish it because to was so dry and tuff. It was the worst prime rib I've ever tried to eat. I would not recommended this restaurant to everyone. I'm from Texas it's embarrassing that it represents our state. We have a lot more class than this nasty place. Beware it is a tourist trap!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank jrd21
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“The best 21oz steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a fabulous time we had. The steaks were by far the best we've had. We both had a 21 ozs steak and it was out of this world. The steak house has a wonderful autmosphere, with plenty going on to entertain.

The staff work tirelessly to make your stay memorable and enjoyable. The ranch holds up to 300 people, so you will soon be made to feel welcomed.

• Visited September 2013
essex
“It's all big in Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Well after setting out from Flagstaff at 5am with temperatures of -1 degree centigrade and after a 10 hour drive crossing 2 time zones, I was praying that I wouldn't be disappointed with what the Big Texan had to offer. Thank god I wasn't! We took advantage of the free limo service offered by the restaurant and that pulled up exactley on time , with its own cow horns on the front to boot!! Within 10 minutes we had pulled up outside the restaurant and where directed inside by the really helpfull but unfortunately smelly driver. The first thing that hit me was the beautifull smell of meat chargrilling from the open kitchen. We were seated right by the kitchen where we had a
perfect view of our steaks being cooked. I opted for the 30oz T Bone & my wife the 36oz Ribeye Steak, both we're cooked to perfection and served with beautiful crispy on the outside & fluffy in the middle Jkt potatoes. The other sides where green beans (slightly overcooked, but I guess you can't have everything) & a very adequate side salad, to keep my green intake up!! It was great that the chef came over for a chat after we had finished, he was surprised we had finished off both steaks so quickly & in their entirety. We had no room for desserts which looked massive. It was then back to our hotel again taking advantage of there limo service & this time from a non smelly driver!! Whilst there you have to try the beer they brew on the premises out favourite was the Pecan beer which was excellent with real pecan flavour throughout. This is a must try restaurant if your in the Amarillo area.

• Visited September 2013