“Don't go alone - they prefer groups”

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #8 of 512 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Georgetown, Texas
“Don't go alone - they prefer groups”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was so looking forward to this and then ......
I travel alone quite often and let's just say that some restaurants handle it better than others and this one doesn't handle it so well. There were plenty of tables upstairs and down (I went early to be sure to get a good seat) and I got stuck upstairs at a high top behind a post. Food was exactly what I expected. It was good but definitely not the best steak you've ever had. My waitress did the best she could but they sat 3 tables back to back that she was trying to handle. The restaurant, shop and candy counter are all fun to visit and the arcade games are fun to watch. If I ever go back I will insist on a better seat and you should too - make sure you can see the table where the 72 Oz challenge takes place.

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Cool Texas Atmosphere...steaks not bad either”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel and walked over for supper on Saturday night...crowded is an understatement ...it was full to the rafters...we went to the beer garden to wait on a free table...the drinks were good and priced reasonably ...and there was a one man band in the b-garden...made the 45 minute wait quite enjoyable...when we got our table it was a good thing we brought drinks because it took 15-20 minutes to get a server...once she got there we ordered food and drinks and appetizers...it was 11:00 (30 mins after close) before we got out food ...we never felt rushed tho and stayed til 12:00...the food was good and our waitress (and part time sign language teacher) was awesome and sweet...yeah the decor is sorta corny...but it's all in good fun!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lazyctraveler
Austin, TX
“A Classic”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant should be experienced. It is a famous Texas steakhouse from years past. Take pictures of the kids in front of the stuffed bear and enjoy getting serenaded by cowboys with guitars.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Houston, Texas
“Great prices for lunch, customer service not great!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Could not resist visiting the roadside attraction, especially after all the Man vs. Food hype. We ordered some of the lunch specials, steak with two sides for $14 each. The food was surprisingly good, the steaks tender and juicy and the sides were tasty as well. Our kids ordered the kids' steak, it was also very good and it came in a free cowboy hat. I was not so impressed by the labyrinth of shops/attractions within, it was dark and creepy, to be honest but we did buy some of their fudge and turtles, both were excellent. Customer service is blah, the girl at the candy counter whined because she "could not hear" my fudge choices even though I was inches from her and the waiter told us it was "another day at work" when asked how he was doing. The only bright spot in customer service was the young lady at the gift shop. She smiled and answered our questions appropriately as well as offered helpful suggestions.

Visited August 2013
Tx
“Really bad service - Overpriced - Slow”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stopped in here because I had eaten here many years ago. It will be many more years before I return. The ambience is interesting but the prices are ridiculous. $17 for some chicken tenders? $15 for quesadillas?? I don't mind paying for a nice steak at Bob's Chophouse or Flemings but this is basically a saloon with ridiculous prices for everything. A glass of tea is $2.50 in a plastic "souvenir" cup. I felt like I was at a MLB or NFL game. They are basically ripping everyone off just for the fact that we are dumb enough to get herded in there like cattle.

It took over 30 minutes to get a hamburger and fries and the server was nice but not well trained. I would hate to go here when it was busy. A tip to management, clean the place up, dust the disgusting animal mounts that are two feet from the tables upstairs, and price your product fairly.

Not a good decision to stop here.

• Visited August 2013