“Delicious steak and great local brews”

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #6 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had the sirloin and rib eye which were both delicious. Their local brews are very tasty - the Pecan Porter and Red Amber.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,331)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was delicious. It was a neat all around experience. Our server disappeared for awhile, so our drinks didn't get refilled. Its pretty pricey! I thought all the extra stuff was neat, but charging 5 bucks/person to go through their maze was steep. And the shooting zombies thing was kind of lame. But it was a good experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were given a table 15 minutes after we arrived (5:15) which took us upstairs away from all the fun areas, we were seated in a room that felt like a cheap hotel banquet room, right next to the kitchen. They did not take our order for at least 20 minutes, the food didn't come for another 45 minutes, and my steak was lukewarm at best. Steaks from Sam's Club grilled at home are much better!

1  Thank Keilwhite
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When you’re in Amarillo DO NOT miss the experience of The Big Texan Steak Ranch! We were there on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 and even though we arrived at dinner time we only had a minimal wait for our table. We were seated in the balcony area and got immediate service. We had a bird’s eye view of this amazing restaurant. Our food was perfect and our server catered to our 10 year old daughter, making this a fantastic experience for her as well as us. Don’t forget to check out the gift shop and the whole restaurant. The outside provides lots of photo ops too! A Route 66 legend!!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came at a sweet time. It wasnt overly busy, so I snuck some time over at the bar to wwatch our Chicago Blackhawks in game 6 before being seated. Waitstaff was great even when my mothr pointed out I am a Chicagoan and will want my steak crispy (thanks mom). I ordered my 24oz prime rib medium well and toldthem not to let that horseradish go anywhere near my steak. That got a good luagh from others around us. I expected for my dollar to get a good mea and I wasn't disapointed. It was good all around and in my top 3 places for prime rib. Woth the time to swing by and do something Texas Style!