“Mmmm Steak...”

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #8 of 511 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Galway, Ireland
“Mmmm Steak...”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. The steak was cooked to perfection, cost effective & the portion sizes were huge! Extremely friendly and fun staff. Would definitely recommend. The only downside was we got there late on a Tuesday night so it was a little quiet in there.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chelle_Lucas

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kingwood
“Everything is bigger in Texas”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Fun and exciting. It was very busy when I dined here so I had to return upon leaving to obtain pictures. The atmosphere is lively, staff are friendly but very busy. I had a coupon that wasn't applied.. so ask before ordering. Other than that. there is lots of shopping and friendly faces.. Enjoy the experience....

Millbrook, Alabama
“Fun experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had read about this place and had to try it. It's a tourist trap for sure, but the food was good. However, the kids menu was not the best. Ordered my son a hamburger and it tasted like cheap frozen meat with no flavor. At such a fine establishment, you would think they would have fresh hamburger meat, even for children. Our waiter was very busy and we had to flag him down several times for refills on our drinks. I ordered a filet mignon and it was good, but arrived cold. For all the hype, I was a little disappointed, but I would go there again if ever in the area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RoseHill_13
East Glacier Park
“Best Rocky Mountain Oysters (Calf Fries) I ever had”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I search out restaurants that serve Rocky Mountain Oysters, Mountain Oysters, Calf Fries, Beef Balls, Beef Nuts and any other name they go by. This one had the best I have had in 67 years of eating Rocky Mountain Oysters. My wife had a steak that was also excellent. In addition fried okra, cowboy beans, beefsteak maters with red onions, steak fries. This is the place that if you eat a 72 oz steak with all the trimmings in an hour our less you don't have to pay for it. Decor is excellent as well. Don't miss this restaurant if you are in Amarillo, TX. Easy on easy off the interstate, motel with it as well as a horse motel.

• Visited June 2013
“Not all it is cracked up to be!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Really disappointing food experience. Our server was so sweet and really tried but it was just not happening. They wouldn't accept their own coupon, no soda, food mediocre and lukewarm. We heard others complaining as well. Won't go back.