“Awesome Food”

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #6 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great steaks, great service, fantastic arcade!!! One of the best nights of the year. I love that they have a great selection of locally brewed beers too. This is a must stop if you are traveling thru Amarillo.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,327)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were just passing through Amarillo on our way to New Mexico, but since we were there for the night we decided to have dinner at this local icon. I'm often disappointed when I allow myself to go to one of these kinds of places, but I'll admit, I had fun here. It was your average western steakhouse with a ranch decor, but the food was fine and the prices were OK. The service was good, too. The main attraction is the stage with the folks trying to eat the huge Great Texan meal. I think it's 72 oz or some other outrageous number, but people try anyway. It's fun to watch the excitement when someone comes close. No one made it while we were there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place was lots of fun, playing up the Texas cowboy theme with live country music, bull horns on the walls, slot machines, an ongoing 72 ounce steak eating contest, and even a shooting gallery. The wait staff were efficient and also entertaining. The only problem was the food ... it didn't taste good and was generally overpriced.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

So yeah, I think this place is living off its name , and food network episode. Otherwise they Will have problems. The staff didn't smile , it took 10 mins to even get waited on . I got 1,cold roll with my dinner and it was not good .. but I got a beer a ipa , a big beer but was scared to drink it all since amarillo's police was hanging out , drinking soda for almost a hour . Good job sarg. 3, stripes and doing noting . If you want to go to a steakhouse and treated good look elsewhere.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

While passing diners next to us to get to our table, noticed they were eating Prime Rib. Looked good to us so we both ordered. Arrived promptly and cooked as ordered (medium). Tough,very little flavor. Found out after the fact that our table neighbors (from Australia) had the same results. Wish we had talked to them before we ordered. Wait staff offered to replace, but didn't have any hope the results would be different, also offered free desserts, but we declined.
This place should be ashamed to pass off some old Longhorn as Prime Rib on the menu!

1  Thank 998dougm