“Great Place To Eat”

Big Texan Steak Ranch
Ranked #7 of 523 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted as the #1 Eating contest in America by Huffington Post.Voted as 1 of the top 10 places by Draft Magazine to drink a beer at.The list goes on and on. This place is full of action and what the Wild West was all about. 2,000 Square foot gift shop that even has a live rattlesnake in there. We have 12 Hand-Crafted beers made on site with a beer style to fit almost any beer drinker. From Raspberry Wheat to Whiskey Barrel Stout with Seasonal beers to fill in such as Oktoberfest Lager & Pecan Porter. Same Lee family for the last 54-years serving 3-generations of guests. Young man, We fed your grandfather! We're Glad your Here!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having never eaten at the Big Texan, I wasn't sure what to expect. They have limos that will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the Big Texan. The atmosphere and decor was great. We took lots of pictures. The food was great and tasty. My steak was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was very helpful and courteous. Overall, it was a very enjoyable evening and I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank TravelerOnHold
Write a ReviewReviews (4,295)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped at Big Texan on our way to Scottsdale. Nothing had changed since our last visit...except now Big Texan makes beer. I was given a sample of their Pecan Stout which was good but I should have stuck to the Oktoberfest. My chicken fried steak, lightly breaded, covered most of my plate. Add to it creamy gravy and a meal is had. The steak was so tender that I cut it with a fork. The side dishes are average, but I do not go there for the sides but the steak which has never disappointed us in 4 visits. We were seated promptly and ordered. There are various local musicians playing guitar, violin, and bass who wander among the tables and do a great job singing requests. They always do "Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain" for me quite well. The atmosphere is obviously western with all waitstaff in jeans, western shirts, boots, hats AND a badge. A tourist stop home of the 72 oz steak challenge, but well worth a stop for a meal. Check out the fudge on the way out if you still have room.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

How can you not eat here after seeing bill boards for several hundred miles!! Not the greatest steak I ever had but OK. Certainly an interesting and unique experience enhanced by watching a couple try to eat the 72 oz steak dinner. My wife really enjoyed the roving cowboy musicians and decor. Not the place If you're looking for a great meal but worth a trip for entertainment value if you're on vacation.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Ribeye steak was great and the BBQ combo was very good. We were there in the middle of the afternoon so it was a pretty quiet place. Server was very attentive and food was hot.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Bad food, bad service, pretty much bad everything. We should have figured it out from all the billboards and the look of the place, but we gave it a shot anyway. Both of our steaks were terrible.