“Can't go wrong at Outback”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 532 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We wanted just an appetizer and a drink so we opted to sit in the Lounge area. Devin was our server and was wonderfully upbeat and pleasant. It was our pleasure to have her serve us.

Highly recommend the Red Delicious Martini....they also have an all day special small plate menu....which you have to ask for, but for a small appetite, it works!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

After getting our tires repaired across the street this Outback was easy to get to and even though it was very busy we were taken to our table in less than 10 minutes. The staff was really good and the food came out hot and cooked the right way the first time. We split a banana mini shake and boy was it good. It was a nice, relaxing evening that we really needed.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We ate at this Outback Steakhouse once. The dining area is fairly large. There's a full bar with tables. Parking is free. The good thing for me is that they have a gluten-free menu with a lot of options. The weird thing about the gluten-free menu, though, is that it doesn't list prices and it assumes that you're also looking at the regular menu, because of the way it talks about modifications and the fact that it doesn't list some things, like salad dressings. I had to ask the waiter to clarify several things.

Our waiter was pretty knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. I had a filet mignon, baked sweet potato, and a salad, which were all good. My husband had a ribeye steak, which was good, and some grilled shrimp, which were OK. I also got some vanilla ice cream with toasted coconut on top, which was pretty good. My husband got the cheesecake, which was pretty good.

Unfortunately, for half of the next day I had a bad reaction to something I ate here. I suspect the steak was not entirely fresh. Thinking back, there were some parts of it that seemed a little off compared to the rest of it. I'm not sure I'd want to eat here again because the quality of the food is suspect.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Came here because its right next to the hotel. Had an 11oz Serloin and shrimp. Shrimp are small and over cooked. Steak was as tough. Service was OK. If you want a good serloin and shrimp try Texas Road house down the street. I have been to about 50 Texas Roadhouse hours all over the US and had only one bad one in PA. I was disappointed in this Outback. It used to be much better.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I enjoyed the lobster and steak w bake potato special at $14.95 a very good value but the server never checked if the steak was properly cooked and I wanted bread he never came back until I was finished im sure he still expected to get his 20% tip which I dudifly gave him but I felt ripted off !