“Patience required.”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We eat here often but have had several meals in a row where the steak wasn't cooked as ordered. A steak ordered medium well plus shouldn't come out medium rare, and shouldn't have to be sent back twice.
However once they get it cooked right it is delicious.
I'm a big fan of the bread, the sweet potatoes and the wedge salad.
I will keep going back, but I'm just not surprised when things aren't perfect at first.
I will also say that most of our waitresses are very pleasant and don't seem to mind.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Enjoy Outback as the salads are always cold and the steaks are always hot. It is a staple of consistency when we travel.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Unfortunately, that steak was the most important part of my visit. First the good stuff. The restaurant is right beside the hotel we stayed at (a highly recommended Sleep Inn & Suites) so that was nice. We had an utterly charming and helpful waitress who very much enhanced our enjoyment (my wife and I) of the meal. The wine I had with my steak was as good as one could hope for in a relatively inexpensive restaurant. The baked potato came super hot and delicious. But, oh, that steak. I ordered it Medium Rare. It came Rare. Not a real problem in itself because I can also eat Rare. But it also came cool--almost cold--and that I can't tolerate in a steak. It might have been hurt by sitting around a bit before it got to my table but I think it more likely it was the severe undercooking that caused it to not be hot enough in the first place--it's always a real danger with rare steaks--the cooks have to know what they're doing. Back in Colorado we always visit a Texas Road House when we want a filet and I've had nothing but great success over scores of visits. But I'm convinced the meat purchased by the Outback is of an inferior quality. This one visit has turned me off the Outback for good in spite of everything else being just fine.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ate at this Outback while passing through Amarillo last March. In places we lived before, we often hit the Outback every couple weeks. We kept going back because the food was so good. Where we live now, its over a two hour drive to get to the nearest. Since this Outback was close to our hotel in Amarillo, going was a no brainer.
I don't know if the quality has slipped in recent years in an effort to hold costs down, or what, but our steaks were not good. Cooked OK, but very tough. Cutting the steak took a lot of effort, and chewing it took even more. Salads and potatoes were fine, but you go to the Outback for steak, not the sides.
Service was slow and not very attentive.
Certainly, any restaurant can get a bad steak once in a while. Since this was our only visit to this Outback, we only have this one expericnce to draw on.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The service was great and right next door to our hotel. I had the Prime Rib and Crabcakes special..........delish!!