“Delicious food and amazing staff!”
Review of Youngblood's Cafe

Youngblood's Cafe
Ranked #40 of 508 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located just North of Interstate 40 at the Washington Street Exit (Exit 69), the nationally recognized Youngblood's Cafe has been a favorite restaurant of Amarillo residents for over 12 years. We serve the finest Texas Cookin' including: Breakfast, Burgers, Steaks, Chicken Fried Steak, Southern Favorites, Catfish, Sandwiches, Mexican Food, and Salads.
Tucson, Arizona
“Delicious food and amazing staff!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband, myself and our 3 year old stopped for breakfast here on a roadtrip from Missouri to Arizona. We had seen it on Man Vs Food and were really looking forward to it. It did not disappoint. The food was amazing, the server was very friendly and accomodating. The portions were huge, way more than either of us could finish eating, but we both ordered the chicken fried steak. It came with hashbrowns, eggs and your choice of biscuits, toast or a pancake. Mostly older rancher type men as the other customers, who all knew each other. Very laid back, friendly place. Definitely recommend and will return if we're ever back in Amarillo!

• Visited October 2011

El Reno
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast is TOPS!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Was leaving town after a week with relatives and had already decided I was going to this secret hideaway! I am particular about my breakfast as I find it to be the most important meal of the day. Ordered the Pork Chops and Eggs. The chef absolutely knows what he is doing when it comes to cooking pork! Juicy not dry! The rest of the meal was simply bonus! Stockyards Cafe has a repeat customer for as long as I or they may be on this earth!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Goose B
nolaqueen
“Fun, interesting”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is like a diner near the stockyards so most ppl in there were cowboys, ranchers, didn't see other tourists. Food was good and plentiful.

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Friendly Owner and great food”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stopped in for lunch around 1145 and were greeted by the owner who gave us a table right away. We ordered burgers and they were out of this world, no fillers or additives, just pure beef. And HUGE!!! My son said that it was the best burger he had ever tasted, but he could not eat it all as it was so large. Appearantly the owner does not want anyone to leave hungry. They came by and offered us banana pudding afterwards which was delicious. Homemade from we were told. And free.
By the time we let, there was a line forming out the door to get inside. A sure sign of a good place to eat.
Atmosphere is unique. We went because we had seen it on Man vs Food and my son wanted to go. It is located on the premises of the Amarillo Livestock auction site, where each Tuesday there is a livestock Auction. We went on Monday, and it was busy enough. Probably busting at the seams on A Tuesday. Lots of locals and tourists alike eating there.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank reygato
Palo Alto, California
“Best Chicken Fried Steak in the world.”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

After hearing about this place on "Man vs. Food", we entered it into our car's navigation system when passing through Amarillo. Good thing we did - we'd have never found the place otherwise. When you roll up to a large building at the stockyards marked "Amarillo Livestock Auction", you've found it.

This is a genuine working establishment, aimed to provide food for those who come to buy and sell cattle. Obviously, beef should rank highly in their menu. My wife, who lived in Texas for many years, ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, and it arrived, covered in gravy, along with a baked potato. She found it >>perfect<<, everything one could expect of beef fried like chicken and covered in gravy. As far as we're concerned, this is now the center of the universe for Chicken Fried Steak, and anything else will be second rate. Worth the pilgrimage for true aficionados.

Rebel that I am, in this sanctuary of beef, I went for the catfish, and found it very good. With the salad and baked potato, I left full and content as well.

The service was very fast, and very friendly in that open, "How y'all doin'?" Texas kind of way. The kid of the owner ran off with our kid to check out the (empty) stockyards themselves (causing some confusion as we searched for them) but they had a lot of fun. I expect on a real cattle auction day, it'd be more crowded and we'd have to keep a tighter handle on things.

Certainly, a true, genuine Texas experience.

• Visited December 2010