“Sour Cream?”

Ranked #25 of 576 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: OUR FOOD WILL KEEP YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE We opened our doors with the goal of creating scrumptious dishes you won't want to stop eating. Calico County Restaurant in Amarillo, TX is known for creating a variety of delectable home-cooked meals, including: Sandwiches Chicken-fried steak Cinnamon rolls Burgers Salads Vegetables We provide complimentary cinnamon or dinner rolls while you wait for your order. We also have a children's menu for kids who are 12 and under. Visit Calico County Restaurant in Amarillo, TX for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed February 4, 2015 via mobile

If you like sour cream in your scrambled eggs and omelets and you like only American cheese, then this place is for you.
I asked for cheddar and was told they only use American.
My wife's Belgian Waffle was mediocre-nothing special to shout about.
I will say the Raisin Toast was exceptional.
Will we come back for another breakfast? Probably not.

Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

Cool little diner and definitely a homestyle cooking menu. I am not a huge fan of the fried gravy covered type of foods (but I know lots of people are including the guys I went with) so I ordered the burger which was definitely made from a frozen patty. It was tough and had no taste. The guys loved their meals (catfish, chicken strips, & chicken fried steak) and thought the "wet fries" were the best idea ever.

Reviewed December 24, 2014

Good hearty breakfast - Food was fresh and hot! Perfect for a day of hiking at Palo Duro Canyon. Service was prompt! The decor and atmosphere is dated but we were just looking to eat a big hearty breakfast and this was the place!

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed October 29, 2014

We stop here almost every time we drive cross country using the I-40. Great home-cookin in Texas! Chicken Fried Steak has been my favorite so far.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed October 18, 2014

Found this place tonight when looking for where to have dinner. Glad we stopped here. The "Home Cooking" sign is what got our attention. I had liver and onions. It was perfect. Thin sliced liver cooked just right. My wife had chicken livers. They were good but with a bit more breading than she would have liked. A private family owned business with just this one location. Place was full of locals. Huge servings; get the smaller appetite size. We had baked sweet potato and broccoli and cheese casserole. Both were very good. A great place for a good home cooked meal.

Date of visit: October 2014