“Bland and not spicy! ”

Thai Town
Ranked #250 of 518 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for lunch one Saturday on the way to Santa Fe.
For appetizers we ordered crab wontons and egg rolls. The wontons were crisp but a little sweeter than I like. The egg rolls were nothing special, and neither of us finished ours.
I ordered Beef with Snow Peas that had very little flavor. There were also only 5 snow peas in the entire dish.
My husband had Pad Kee Mao. The menu marked it as spicy, which is how he likes his Thai food, but it was not spicy at all. His did have a bit more of the missing Thai flavor than mine but not much.
We have eaten at many Thai restaurants, but this is not one were we would return again.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is authentic Thai cuisine at extremely reasonable prices. The service is fast as lightning and they gave us traditional blessing when we left. This is the third time we have stopped in while traveling through Amarillo and I would rate it THE BEST of many I have been to.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great thai restaurant. Food comes out very fast is is quite good. Good variety on menu, very good portions.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wow......... we love Thai Town!

My wife is a Thai food junky and while driving back to Colorado we stopped by Thai Town, really not expecting much from Amarillo. Whew we were wrong, awesome food, super ownership.

I do want to warn travelers, Thai Town does not take credit cards, cash or check only. We did it, but it was close, we had checks but they were from Colorado so we don't know if they would taken them or not.

Please know, any trips though Amarillo will include a stop at Thai Town, now if we could only get the owner to sell us one of those cool Thai Town shirts!

Don't miss this great Texas-Thai!

2  Thank MarathonManiac1
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Staff is good,very clean ,provide filter water not tap,dalicious food.easy access from interstate 40

1  Thank hayb1