“Don't forget the fries”

Coyote Bluff Cafe
Ranked #2 of 506 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Goodwell, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't forget the fries”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great service and very good burgers. We almost skipped the fries. I am glad the waitress suggested otherwise.

Georgia
“Big, Tasty Burgers”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

As we were traveling across country, we passed through Amarillo. We looked to TripAdvisor & Food Network for guidance for dinner. Apparently Man V. Food had made a visit here and it was highly ranked so we headed over. It wasn't out of our way at all from the interstate but we did pass right by it! Keep your eyes peeled for a tiny little white adobe building with a full parking lot out front! We knew from reading other reviews that it was tiny, it would be packed and we would be waiting outside--it's all true. And definitely worth it. (A word of advice: don't bring a party of 14 like the people ahead of us. This is NOT the place for large parties.) Inside, the place is full of energy and eclectic décor. The menu is simple but very well done. Our burgers were full of flavor and MEAT. We both got fries and the servings were BIG. We definitely could have shared them. I wish we had tried the onion rings. We sat right next to a huge, old bathtub full of beer on ice where we could just grab one & serve ourselves. Our server was fun, the service was fast, food was great and the atmosphere was laid back. If we lived in Amarillo, we would go to Coyote Bluff Café regularly.

• Visited December 2013
OKC
“Best burger and service!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I read that this was the place to eat if ever in Amarillo. I traveled there to visit Palo Duro Canyon and hike the trails. After hiking all morning i was starved and couldn't wait to get to Coyote Bluff Cafe. I didn't look up the hours, assuming there were open all day, but they close from 2:30pm-5pm. I walked in at 2:20p and instead of being aggravated with me for coming in at closing, my server said let's hurry up and get your order on the grill before he shuts it down! She let me eat even after then closed up. I was so grateful for her hospitality! Great staff!

Visited December 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Easily one of the best burgers I've ever eaten, hands down!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

One must get the Burger from Hell! It's outstanding and that is all that needs to be said. If you don't like spicy they have an array of other choices. It's self-seating and is definitely a dive, which makes it so good. The only thing to beware is that they only accept cash or check, seriously. Be sure to at least bring a $20 and you'll be quite happy.

• Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“Best Burgers, period!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten burgers all over the world, but this is the best. Perfect burger construction....toasted bun, fresh ground beef, perfectly seasoned, cool, crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, & onions! Nothing magical here, just the perfect balance of fresh ingredients cooked right! Love the shabby "chic" interior, lively and courteous staff giving great service! Worth the trip from Seattle to try the burger! Don't let the exterior of the place scare you away, venture inside....it is well worth it! Be prepared to wait for a table, as only about 50 seats inside. You can't get this great of a burger at fast food or casual chains.....this is the real thing!

Visited November 2013