“Better Luck At McDonalds.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Lobster

Ranked #87 of 505 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Amarillo , Texas, United States
“Better Luck At McDonalds.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Rice was dry, The fish was some freeze dried, non-fresh, pathetic sized, excuse for an dinner leaving a bad taste. The desert was an overpirced tiny little thing. I expected way more for the price. I had a very unpleasant experience.

• Visited January 2013

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“I WAS DISSAPOINTED WITH PORTIONS AND SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was passing through amarillo, staying at my favorite inexpensive motel, the camelot inn. I called in an order to the only red lobster in town and drove 5 miles down i-40 to pick it up after the recommended 20 minute wait. The young man taking my order was the third person i talked to after calling. He was pleasant and helpful on the phone. I should have been suspicious when half the parking lot was vacant at 8pm on a friday night. I was instructed to go to the bar to collect my order and pay. I ordered a combination platter, fried shrimp, catfish, french fries, tossed salad with blue cheeze dressing and a small coke and paid about $20. I was greeted at the door by a live lobster tank(about $18.50/pound, quite reasonable for maine lobster in texas) and two blond, slim, young ladies, maybe 17-19 years old, who didn't know much at all, except that take-out customers wait at the bar. These two were always side-by-side, each with a "when does my shift end" smile. The red lobster had an "endless shrimp" special going for about $16, but that is a bit hard to configure for take-out. I sat at the bar for a good 30 minutes being ignored by a troubled middle aged caucasian gentleman and a large caucasian lady who were tending bar in a disorganized fashion; i told the gentleman what i was there for and asked if he was having a bad night; he mumbled something and continued to do and re-do multiple tasks behind the bar and ignore me. The lady talked a little more, but otherwise behaved similarly. When my food eventually came out, i asked to look at it before it was stuffed in the red lobster bag, which the gentleman barkeeper eventually chose from the hadfull he was fumbling with behind the line of liquor bottles. The plastic entree' container had a handfull of french fries, made from real potatos, and 5 or 6 medium fried shrimp. The salad looked great and i did get ample tartar sauce and a disposable pepper grinder, because the restaurant doesn't have pepper packets. I specifically asked for lots of pepper and tartar sauce. I expressed disappointment with the shrimp portion, constrasting it to the "endless shrimp" for the lower price. Another slim, middle-aged caucasian gentleman with moustach and goatee passed by and asked how i was doing, and i express polite disappointment to him as well. This turned out to be danny, the store manager; he counted my medium shrimp and found i had 6 rather than the standard seven and offered a somewhat empty-sounding apology and promised to "make things right". That amounted to getting a handful of free popcorn shrimp and directions to the front door.. The food tasted good, what there was of it for the price, but these folks need a lession in customer service and maybe a urine drug screen. Red lobster could double its business in amarillo with effective management and service. I wish i live in amarillo to take advantage of the live maine lobster service. I would always eat at the restaurant in the future and set aside lots of time for the adventure.

By the way, it is idiotic that this program page makes me change all caps to sentace case prior to acceptance. For a site asking for reviews, you sure do make it difficult to register opinions. My time has value.

• Visited November 2012
Texas
“View of a trash can and we had unexpected guests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were sitted next to a door where, the employees when in and out and in and out to make drinks and carring trays just inside the door way was a trash can. (We were not asked if this sitting was alright). Husband order king crab legs I had the Steak with bake potato. Waiter was very nice. (He was not the one to sit us) While waiting for our food we noticed a half dead fly in the window ceil and another one very much alive on the window. It took quit a while for us to receive our meals even the waiter came over to us and said he had checked to see what was takeing so long for our food. He said it was because of the steak which I ordered well done. As we waited th flys had moved from the window to the light hanging over our table guess they were waiting for our order as well. As our food arrived the flys began to dive bomb our plates and table. We set shooing flys away even the half dead one was able to take flight. I want to be fair here the number of flys we were fighting was three. My Steak was dry overcooked, bake potato was good. The king crab legs were also good. Our meal cost $69.00 which would have been fine, but the view and the flys were not ok. Some lady came to our table at the end of our meal don't know who she was, but she asked us how was our meal. I told her the flys and the view were a problem could'nt get my self to also tell her about the dry steak but I know this is a seafood place and they just don't know how to cook a steak She said she understood about the view but as for the flys well apparently they just can't help that. She just acted like it was no big deal. I gave this restaurant a average because they do have good seafood just not steak and be careful where you are sitted. I truly beleive we had the fly problem because we were so close to a trash can.

• Visited October 2012
the West
“It was Red Lobster in Amarillo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you like Red Lobster, you will like this one as well. Cheese biscuits and Bahama Mamas were all that and more. My garlic shrimp were yummy, and my hub's steak was tender and tasty. We had a short wait, but once we were seated, the wait staff took good care of us.

Visited September 2012
Amarillo, Texas
“Under remodeling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were in there a few days ago to eat lunch. Even though they are remodeling, the service and food are still great. I prefer the old look but am anxious to see what the new look will be.

• Visited August 2012