“The standard by which I judge all Tex Mex food”
Review of Tacos Garcia

Tacos Garcia
Ranked #34 of 519 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I don't live in Amarillo, but every time I come to town for a visit, I HAVE to go to Tacos Garcia. They have, hands down, the best chile rellenos I have EVER had. I wish Mexican food in California was as good as it is here. It is definitely the place that I compare all Mexican restaurants to now. I can't wait to be back in Amarillo for a visit!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Waiter was ok. Food was just a step above fast food. It was busy, but staff took their time and seemed to want to be anywhere but there.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband and I are travelling in an RV through the SW States. Part of what we're looking forward to it the local cuisine. After shopping at Amigo's grocery in Amarillo we decided Mexican food was in order for lunch.

We stopped in at Tacos Garcia; wait staff was very friendly. We ordered the El Monterrey platter which was enough for the two of us. Probably good for tex-mex but was looking for the real deal. Best thing about the meal was the strawberry margarita; very yummy.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

As part of our cross country journey, we stopped in Amarillo, Texas and ate lunch at Tacos Garcia. Service was fast and excellent. The restaurant was very busy and now we know why. I had the El Tampico platter, which was a trio that consists of one grilled chicken faluta topped with salsa espanola, one beef chile relleno topped with cheese, and one guacamole and beans chlupa viernes with a frozen strawberry Margarita which was the perfect finishing touch. My husband had a shrimp taco salad (excellent), with a draft beer, which was served very cold. It is not a quiet place, so be prepared for a lively place.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good food and atmosphere. I wish they would open a second location, never disappointed always a great meal.

Been to Tacos Garcia? Share your experiences!