“Fantastic Mexican Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tacos Garcia
Ranked #52 of 495 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Smithfield
“Fantastic Mexican Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

As part of our cross country journey, we stopped in Amarillo, Texas and ate lunch at Tacos Garcia. Service was fast and excellent. The restaurant was very busy and now we know why. I had the El Tampico platter, which was a trio that consists of one grilled chicken faluta topped with salsa espanola, one beef chile relleno topped with cheese, and one guacamole and beans chlupa viernes with a frozen strawberry Margarita which was the perfect finishing touch. My husband had a shrimp taco salad (excellent), with a draft beer, which was served very cold. It is not a quiet place, so be prepared for a lively place.

• Visited March 2014

Amarillo, Texas
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good food and atmosphere. I wish they would open a second location, never disappointed always a great meal.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Loved This Place From Our First Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have lived in Amarillo for the last 10 years and this restaurant is BY FAR our favorite. The food is phenomenal (I love the queso, tacos, and tamales ... my wife loves their enchiladas), the service is great, the beer on tap is cold & refreshing, the house margaritas are amazing, and the food comes out fast & hot. Oh, and their chips and salsa severed before the meal is so very good with three types of salsa. If you have a hard time with really zesty salsa, you may want to stay away from the green! My wife and I have lost count how many times we have been to Tacos Garcia ... we simply love it that much. Top down, it's one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. That sounds like a lofty perch, but for me and my wife, it's just truth. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

• Visited March 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Good visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Recommend. Just there on 1/10/2014. Kiosco entree and shredded beef Chimichanga were both great. Hot sauces excellent. Server Sylvia very attentive. Have been there 5 times before. This was the best visit.Fast food delivery.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Tired, Resting on Past Success?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

May have been the spot in the past judging by the accolades on the wall as you enter but not much to recommend it today. We had hoped for some quality Mexican food on our road trip to Phoenix but came away disappointed.

• Visited January 2014