“Great experience”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Great place to eat. Really consistent dining experience every time. I love their prime rib on Thursday nights, but go early they sell out quick.

Branson, Missouri
“Best Tex-Mex Anywhere!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've eaten at Abuelo's in Amarillo on a few occasions and every time we've been there it's been a great experience! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere! I highly recommend trying the green (tomatillo) salsa and chips - it's actually quite refreshing. For dinner, you cannot go wrong with enchiladas and their signature side, "Papas con Chile", which is essentially cheesy mashed potatoes. The restaurant is quite busy at dinner hour so make sure you're ready to wait for a seat.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Average food, untidy restaurant”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband does not agree with me, but I thought the food was just ok.

My first impression was not a good one either - the table we were showed to was filthy - there were smashed corn chips all over the floor and under the table and one of the seats in the booth was covered in liquid. I have to say this puts me off a place immediately.

Our waiter was friendly, but I got the impression he wasn't listening that much - he took our drink orders, walked 5 steps, then came back and asked what our order was again.

I have eaten much nicer, fresher tasting Mexican.

• Visited July 2014
Alpine, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place ,Best Mexican food and Awesome Waiter and Hostess”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I go out for dinner at least twice a week I like to try different restaurant and Mexican food places is what I like .what made me come back here Is that green salsa and the service I wish I can remember waiter name because he was the best waiter I ever came across before in my years of dinning out .Beautiful place ,wonderful service and the best Mexican food in Amarillo Thank you Abuelos I tell everybody to to go here

• Visited June 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Best Tex-Mex in the World!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Yup...when it comes to Tex-Mex...this is the world champion! Abuelo's are awesome! Great food, every single thing on the menu is amazing! This is what all other Tex-Mex joints in the world are compared to! High quality, great taste, and always a great bar selection too! Hands down, the Standard all over the country for what a Tex-Mex place should be!

Visited March 2014

Been to Abuelo’s? Share your experiences!