“Best Tex-Mex Anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 490 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Branson, Missouri
“Best Tex-Mex Anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've eaten at Abuelo's in Amarillo on a few occasions and every time we've been there it's been a great experience! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere! I highly recommend trying the green (tomatillo) salsa and chips - it's actually quite refreshing. For dinner, you cannot go wrong with enchiladas and their signature side, "Papas con Chile", which is essentially cheesy mashed potatoes. The restaurant is quite busy at dinner hour so make sure you're ready to wait for a seat.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Melbourne, Australia
“Average food, untidy restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband does not agree with me, but I thought the food was just ok.

My first impression was not a good one either - the table we were showed to was filthy - there were smashed corn chips all over the floor and under the table and one of the seats in the booth was covered in liquid. I have to say this puts me off a place immediately.

Our waiter was friendly, but I got the impression he wasn't listening that much - he took our drink orders, walked 5 steps, then came back and asked what our order was again.

I have eaten much nicer, fresher tasting Mexican.

• Visited July 2014
Alpine, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place ,Best Mexican food and Awesome Waiter and Hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I go out for dinner at least twice a week I like to try different restaurant and Mexican food places is what I like .what made me come back here Is that green salsa and the service I wish I can remember waiter name because he was the best waiter I ever came across before in my years of dinning out .Beautiful place ,wonderful service and the best Mexican food in Amarillo Thank you Abuelos I tell everybody to to go here

• Visited June 2014
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Best Tex-Mex in the World!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Yup...when it comes to Tex-Mex...this is the world champion! Abuelo's are awesome! Great food, every single thing on the menu is amazing! This is what all other Tex-Mex joints in the world are compared to! High quality, great taste, and always a great bar selection too! Hands down, the Standard all over the country for what a Tex-Mex place should be!

Visited March 2014
Syracuse, New York
“As good as the pictures look - don't miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Looked for the best tex mex for father's day and found it. Our party was raised on southwestern fare and proclaimed this the best they have had!!! The next day they were wistful that no other mexican restaurant will now measure up. We will always stop here when traveling thru amarillo.
Super hot plates, gorgeous presentation, beautiful interior decor with fountains murals. .what's not to like. Professional service and just delicious food. I could go on but will add a couple of pix instead. Dont miss thisbplace

1 Thank missalonghi