“Elegance, Ambiance, Delicious Gourmet Latin Cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abuelo’s

Abuelo’s
Ranked #6 of 501 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clovis, New Mexico, United States
“Elegance, Ambiance, Delicious Gourmet Latin Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visit Arbuelo's in Amarillo or Lubbock nearly every time we are in either town. First of all, their ambiance is exceptional!! They are as beautiful as any high-end restaurant you will ever visit or see in a Travel magazine! Secondly, the gourmet food is not like a "typical" tex-mex resaurant. It is wonderful! I love their seafood and steaks. Everytime I go I order something different and I'm never disappointed. We have always had great service. Lastly, I totally disagree with a comment about the salsa being canned. It might be but it too is wonderful! We live in eastern New Mexico and live on salsa. Yesterday when at Abruelos we gobbled down four bowl along with crisp and thin chips. If you want an elegant dining experience with a Latin flavor, give Arbuelos a try. It is on the south side of Amarillo just off I-27 at the 45th Street exit.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lteak

Amarillo
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This retaurant always has great service, great prices and great food. The fajitas are my husband's favorite and he won't eat fajitas anywhere else in town. I think the enchiladas are the best. Chips and hot sauce are fresh and delicious!!

Visited June 2012
Vicksburg MS
“top shelf mexican chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were very pleased with our first Abuelo's experience: the restaurant itself was attractive and tables well-spaced, our server was efficient and pleasant, and our food was excellent: chips, salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, and agave margaritas. Everything was served hot and tasty with just the right amount of spices. We will return when we get back to Amarillo next year.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food - Great place to go for Mother's Day.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to go for Mother's Day. Great food.

Visited May 2012
“Food was overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Salsa from a can; pasta overcooked(although I knew better than order pasta at Mexican place) good place for the kids French fries and cheese quesadillas and steak fajita was good but disappointed about salsa ; i like that home made and I like my pasta home made . But the server was kind and it was the busiest place in town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles