“Peaceful, relaxing and tasty!”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #79 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Amarillo, Texas
“Peaceful, relaxing and tasty!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Food was very good and our waitress was excellent! Didn't have to ask for tea to go! The atmosphere is almost like home.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Olive Garden in Amarillo?”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Olive Garden- Amarillo, TX

Chain restaurants are typically cookie-cutter affairs. The owners attempt to individualize their property but do not stray far from the dictates of the franchise. The one difference is that each has a chef with a unique personality and it shows in their food presentations and quality. The reason I bring this to the reader’s attention is that I often will pass these eateries up for the fast food establishments with an easy in, quick meal and on your way when I travel. This day my wife proclaimed being road weary and with that, a break was in order before running the last 330 miles to Albuquerque. I enjoy lite fare while traveling so I ordered the Olive Garden’s bottomless salad and a dish entitled, “Italian Taster.” The salad served was fresh and tasty and I could have stopped right there. I’m glad I tried the other dish. It had some of the best mushrooms I had had in a long time! The lasagna was a bit over cooked and much of it remained un-eaten.
Mr. Bendinskas, General Manager, spent a few moments with us inquiring as to our food and service. I explained my enjoyment of the mushrooms and lack of pleasure with the lasagna. Overall, the travel break and meal was just the thing to get us back on the road. I am of the opinion now these diner restaurants may become part of my travel regime for lunch.

• Visited September 2012
OK
“Lil traveling”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not much a wait on a table, service was excellent. server suggested things and told us about new items. And the best thing is this O.G.had SWEET TEA. Thats'an absolute PLUS>

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“as usual”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love olive garden salad. this one has the same great food and salad. Service was not that great, maybe because we were late.

Visited November 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Real good as always”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We were seated immediately. We ordered soup and salad and a peach Bellini. The salad and soup were fresh. Service was great. Going back to eat here again soon.