“Good food; rude rude rude service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food; rude rude rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I love Indian food and had eaten at Indian Oven several times when I went there June 14, 2013, with a friend for a special occasion lunch. We both tried the buffet and enjoyed the food, but as we neared the end of the meal, the proprietor came up and put her hand on my shoulder and told us that we needed to pay and leave, because she had customers waiting. At that point, we had been seated for maybe 25 minutes -- no time to digest and certainly no time to finish our drinks or have a nice chat.

We were thrown out of the restaurant for eating too quickly. I have never returned and never will, despite my love of Indian food. I cannot abide unwanted touch and rudeness.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Amarillo, Texas
“Excellent Butter Chicken and Lamb Biryani”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends, having three or four main dishes to choose from. All were prepared very well, tasted great and I will definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were anxious to try an Indian Restaurant, ordered two different entrees, chicken curry and vegetarian, ordered both "medium" spiciness. Waited about 45 minutes, both appeared and tasted the same, so hot we couldn't discern ingredients. When I told staff it was too hot to eat, asked for rice, was charged for the small bowl of rice, still too hot.

Staff very indifferent to comments, inferred I didn't know Indian food. Waste of money, won't go back, wouldn't recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Perryton, Texas
“Amarillo Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is very unique for Amarillo. It's the only Indian restaurant that I'm aware of in the area. It's pretty pricey and the location isn't very good, but the food is great. If you are looking for something spicey or just want to try something new, you need to try this place out. They have a lot of different meat dishes as well as really good vegetables and vegan dishes. The bread, naan, is really great also. Don't be scared away by the location. The restaurant is nice and clean inside.

• Visited April 2013