“Red Robin..Who would have thought!”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #204 of 517 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate here because they were within walking distance of our hotel. Didn't expect much having visited another Red Robin several years past. Boy were we surprised, and very pleasantly so! Red Robin has apparently transformed from a burger place to a full service restaurant on the order of TGI Friday's, only better.

They still have great burgers, but they also have a very complete menu. I had their Tavern Burger, and my wife had their Southwest Grilled Chicken. Both were way above our expectations! My wife could not finish all her salad so I "helped out." Frankly it was remarkably good. One of the crispiest and most tasty salads I have ever had. We made it a point to stop and eat there on our return trip.

From here forward, we now look for Red Robin as a good place for a good meal in very pleasant surroundings with good service and all at a fair price.

There are newer reviews for Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I enjoy a good hamburger and fries. I had a drink at the bar while I waiting on my order to take back to my room. The service is friendly and I got my order quickly. Thanks

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Family and friend met here after church on Sunday. We were seated right away even though there was a size able crowd. The wait staff kept the tables cleared and made sure people were seated quickly. The food was predictable but very good. We really enjoyed the stacked onions.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Every Saturday a group of friends gets together for lunch at random restaurants around Amarillo. Some days we have spouses or kids, and it is almost always 6 or more of us. This is one of our regular restaurants as it has a vegetarian option for burgers.

The wait-staff and managers know us all by face and name. They know what we like to drink, whether it be an unsweet tea or a Guinness, and they know who in our group gets a Boca Patty and how the meat eaters in our group like their burgers cooked.

Get ready, because it will soon be undergoing a remodel, and it will be NO children in the bar area!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We don't normally eat at chain restaurants during our trips, we like to eat at local places. We had a terrible experience at a local place in New Mexico do we decided to finish the trip at a chain restaurant.

Everyone working at this Red Robin was so friendly, we were seated immediately and our waitress (Angela) was simply outstanding! Angela was polite, personable and more than competent. The food was very good and filling. We asked for the manager after eating our meal and he was just as polite and friendly as the hostess and waitress. He was also very proud of the waitress, seems she had only been a waitress for two weeks!

My favorite restaurant in Amarillo is now Red Robin.