“Great BBQ But Not The Best”
Review of Spicy Mike's

Spicy Mike's
Ranked #12 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

It was very good but not great! Staff was very nice but didn't seem to chatty. Placed my order & had it out in less then 5 minutes. I had the three meat combo plate. I ordered brisket, jalapeño sausage, & ham. The sides were their potato salad, coleslaw, and beans with a buttered toast. All the food was extremely peppered. Almost like whoever seasoned it went a little overboard. The brisket was extremely fatty! I've eaten a lot of BBQ in my day & it'd been awhile since I had one with that much fat. Cut it off & it was good. Jalapeño Sausage is delicious! Highly recommended. Ham was a little cold. Had it been warmer probably would've been really good. Sides were ok but not the best. Overall good food just wouldn't call it the best in town.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food is great with a good choice of items! The price is Greta and the atmosphere warm and family friendly!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything is wonderful. Ive been there many times and I cant figure out what I like more. You never leave hungry or disappointed.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

A locally owned spot, very clean, with friendly service. We had the ribs and they were wood smoked and tender. All the sides were fresh and made well too. I live in Amarillo and have tried every BBQ place here. This is the best.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Sliced brisket is some of the best town. Ribs and sausage were good. Sides are ok and nothing different from what you find in most BBQ joints. Very friendly service. Well worth the drive down south western street. I will be back for more.

1  Thank Tadchunky