“Worst Service Ever! ”

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service Ever! ”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

If I could give this place a zero, I would. Food is okay, but I can get better at other places in town for less and not have to travel all the way downtown. (However, chef needs to be educated on the difference between rice paper and wonton wrappers.) Ordered fatty salmon (sake toro as it was labeled on menu); waitress asked what size bottle?! Ordered salmon skin handroll with both chef and waitress - got a regular roll. Ordered nigiri sushi and got sashimi. Just awful, awful service that got everything wrong and moved at a glacial pace to boot! Avoid this place!

Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Great Service knowledgable bar tender”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very good Happy hour!!! The food very good. We had the chicken pizza and samurai drum sticks. The service great bar tender (Jesus) is very knowledgeable. Would go there again!

• Visited October 2013
Edmond, OK
“Stay Away, Far Away!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This restaurant clearly wants to be a "big thing" in Amarillo, Texas. Unfortunately, the only thing it succeeds at is being horrible. The minute you enter, you are assaulted by unpleasant smells - the moldy fountains, the rank oil and the smoke wafting in from the patio.

I attempted to get beyond this by ordering a glass of wine - at least give the place a chance, right? Wrong. The snarky waitress proceeds to bring me a glass of wine that was not only undrinkable, it had lipstick on it. I sent it back in protest and asked for another wine and glass. When she returned with a "new" glass, it was clear that it was the same glass, but that an attempt had been made to simply wipe off the offending lipstick. This only resulted in smudging the lipstick even more.

My order was delivered about the same time and I realized immediately that if the smell coming from it was any indication, I would be best served to not eat it. And at this point, I complained to the manager, refused to pay and walked down the street to Crush where I finally enjoyed a descent dinner and several glasses of wine!

• Visited May 2013
Dallas
“Horrendous service EVERY time I eat here!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have eaten here several times and each time the service is horrible. I love the food so I keep going back thinking surely this time it will be better, but never is. I have eaten at the bar 3 times and it is the worst service of all. I usually have to wait at least five minutes before being acknowledged. I eventually receive a drink and then have to catch the bartenders attention in order to place my order. (He's a rather large fellow and not in a good way) The music is soooo loud that he has to lean way over to even hear what I'm ordering. The waiting game begins........ I receive my edamame and a few minutes later receive one of the appetizers that I ordered. About 40 minutes later still not having received my sushi I have to wave my hands to catch the bartenders attention along with having to wave my hands in order to receive another drink, I ask him about how much longer do you think it will be on my sushi order? He leaves the bar and about 5 minutes later comes back with it. No soy sauce, ginger nor wasabi so I ask if I can get some of the above, he leaves and stops along the way to talk to the DJ's then eventually heads off to the kitchen. On his return with all in hand, he stops at the opposite end of the bar and once again proceeds to talk to the DJ's while laying my stuff down at the end of the bar. I thought I was going to have to get up and go get it myself. But eventually he finishes his conversation and comes to my end of the bar and hands it to me. I finish eating and am ready to head out, I have purse in hand, keys in hand and empty drinks, no refills on water or was never asked about another glass of wine, credit card in site, (that is if he ever looked my way) he was too busy dancing behind the bar and wiping off sweat with his bare hands. One other couple was at the bar so it wasn't a busy evening. I waited 20 minutes on my ticket and never received. I ended up leaving and tried calling the number on the business card, I believe the manager, but never have heard back from him. The entire staff seems to think its a place of play instead of service, I have witnessed this several times. My friends have stopped going with me because of the poor service. I work at a hotel and understand the importance of quality service. I have sent guest to the restaurant because it is in the close vicinity of the hotel and have learned to warn them about the service. One guest last week told me he ended up walking out because of such poor service. I have had several complaints about the service by the guest so I have stopped sending them to RAIN. The management has to be aware of the problems that exist with the restaurant but then again nothing changes so maybe he doesn't care.

• Visited May 2013
Glenwood Springs
“Good food Bring your friends”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I visited for lunch while on business. A great twist on asain cusine. I would recommend, also looks like a good place for drinks with friends on the weekend.

Been to Rain? Share your experiences!