“Worth the Drive”

Cuisines: Mexican
Oklahoma
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were on a road trip and looking for a place to stop for lunch as we passed through Amarillo. Google pulled up this restaurant as a good one. Little did we realize that it is off the I 40 beaten path, but it was definitely worth the drive to get there. (It's not that bad but husbands want to get on and off the highway quickly when travelling).
The place seems to be a local favorite which is always a good sign. The house made salsa was excellent as were the homemade tortillas. My husband had a house special. It was a generous portion and very tasty. The grand daughter had yummy tacos and my daughter and I split a cheesy quesadilla. Our meals came out hot and were very tasty. The meals are very reasonably priced, actually a real bargain for the quality of the food. I will eat there again next time we are in Amarillo.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kambrie

Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
“Get the tacos!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stopped in here 7/5 with a group of 13 people (3 adults, 10 teens) on a road trip from Dallas to Colorado for lunch. I got the taco combo (3 tacos, your choice of meats) with rice and beans. The homemade tortillas were SO GOOD! I loved the tacos, I got 3 types of meat and each was better than the last. Other kids from our group got quesadillas, tacos and other delicious treats. Love this place, service was EXCELLENT! They were very accommodating to our large group that just stopped in (no reservations or call ahead). Please try this place and please....GET THE TACOS!!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NicoleHT
Amarillo, Texas
“Hidden gem - must try”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have always heard good things about this restaurant, so I had to go check it out for myself. I have since been twice. The first time I had tacos asada with beans and rice and they were very tasty. The second time I had coctel camarones y pulpo - which is shrimp and octupus cocktel and I loved it. I have had octopus at other restaurants and they are usually small pieces, but at El Manantial, the pieces were huge! I also love Horchata and it was okay here. I don't usually like it too sweet, so it wasn't my favorite. They also serve the chips and salsa with ranchero beans, which was different than most mexican restaurants in Amarillo.

Overall, it was very good and our service was good. I will be adding this one to our list of favorites!

• Visited May 2014
Bedford, Texas
“Good Tasty original Mexican”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good open dining, great tasty choices on the menu. Receptive, friendly staff. Better than most chain mexican food. Hard to get to parking lot, due to overpass immediately in front... with one way traffic,,, Very accommodating staff that make good recommendations... The Shrimp Cocktail Soup dish was extraordinaire, as was all dishes served to my family of 11 that day.

Visited April 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Okayy”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Food is average quality, taste, appearance and price. Food could be hotter temp. Hot sauce is mediocre, not spicy at all. Just average. Clean dining room and excellent service.