“It is a chain restaurant and the food is only average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Famous Dave's Bar B Que - CLOSED

Famous Dave's Bar B Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: NE corner Soncy and I40
Houston, Texas
“It is a chain restaurant and the food is only average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The clerk at our hotel recommended this restaurant to us. We were not impressed. The service was very friendly and attentive but the food was only average. The food was either too salty or too sweet. I had the ribs which were sweet and I'm not a fan of sweet bbq, so it was ok, but not great. I had steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes as my sides. They were too salty. The broccoli was well-cooked and would have been fine if not for the salty taste. Same for the mashed potatoes. My cornbread muffin was too sweet. I left dissatisfied.

I realized once we arrived that it was a chain but, at that point, we were tired from traveling and didn't want to venture out to find something else. However, if you are in a city in Texas, there isn't really any reason to ea tBBQ at a chain restaurant. If you want to eat BBQ while in Amarillo, look for the a local BBQ place. I'm sure it will be better than what we were served at Famous Dave's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lubbock, Texas
“Good chain BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

They have many BBQ combinations. I liked their cornbread that is served with all BBQ meals. Deserts are very good in my opinion. They are very BZ at lunch a less so for the dinner time when I have eaten here. I have eaten here 5+ times. No complaints.

Visited August 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Sweet Treat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service was great. The décor was nice and fun. They have 6 signature BBQ sauces at the table but the meat came out with BBQ sauce already on it and it was sweet. We don't like sweet meat so we will have to pass on this one next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Texas
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This is usually a great bbq place but last weekend was a disappointment. The service was great an the beer was cold but the BBQ was over seasoned and the had no sliced brisket. Probably my last time there too many other great bbqs in Amarillo

Visited October 2013
austin,Texas
“Right next door to drury inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Come on people serve your food hot, we were staying next door, my husband went to bring it back to the room, not hot.

Visited September 2013