“Beatiful Property but terrible night reception” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
milwaukee
“Beatiful Property but terrible night reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The property is gorgeous and our room was spacious and comfortable. The morning staff and breakfast were good. However, upon check in, the night clerk, Joseph, was on the couch watching TV in street clothes and appeared annoyed when we came in. We did not receive a hello, or any other conversation other than verifying our card. He did not explain check out, breakfast, pool location, wifi or where our room was. Nor did he thank us for staying or offer any assistance. He disappeared somewhere and we watched two other would be customers wait at an empty counter for at least five minutes before turning around and taking their business with them. A sad thing to see for such a pretty hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is another new Choice which isn't visible from the interstate--a couple of blocks back makes the value of the land considerably less expensive, I'm sure. It was very good once we found it. The breakfast was standard issue. The TP and facial tissue quality needs to be improved--am sure this is a Choice HQ decision.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dalhart, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Awesome! Love this hotel! Friendly staff, clean roomy room, wonderful breakfast, easy location off off interstate 40 but sets back making it quiet, very comfortable beds & pillows, heating & air great, snow outside, but we were very comfortable! We got a great rate!

• Stayed February 2013
Salida, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Initially I had noise problem issue from the freeway and an unattended yapping dog in room next door, but front desk immediately moved me to another floor and the other side of the building (all king suites, which I had booked, face freeway), so I ended up in a two queen bed suite, but it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have found anywhere in Texas and was the quietest hotel room I have ever been in anywhere. This will be my hotel of choice from now on when I stopover from Colorado to Dallas and back. I will know in the future to book the two queen beds for south facing. When future hotels are built on the empty lots between this one and the freeway, the noise problem will go away. I do think this hotel should have a section of rooms blocked for people with dogs, away from other rooms, And I am a dog owner but he doesn't travel with me.

Room Tip: Book a queen room on south side of building to avoid freeway noise issues, apparently all king rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rowlett, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The building looks new, and the room was beautiful, but the walls are paper thin and the staff is either incompetent or apathetic. After a long drive, we checked in at midnight. The parking lot was mostly full, so we had to park in the back. No problem, until we're standing in the rain, trying to unlock the rear door, and the key card would not work. After running around the building with our luggage, the clerk said, "Oh yeah, we've had trouble with that door." She's the one that told me to use it. Then the key would not work on our room. She reprogrammed another key, which also didn't work. Then switched me to another room. Great! Kids were screaming and playing in the room next to us, and we could hear every shriek. Later could easily here dad saying "Go to sleep!" Then woke to his snoring and more screaming during the night. We skipped breakfast, because we just wanted out of there. The desk clerk didn't say a word to us upon checkout. No, "Good morning.", "How was your stay?", "Thanks for staying with us." There are far too many options in Amarillo, for me to consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at the hotel recently when on the road. We had a room with 2 beds and a sofa,
The hotel was very clean and looks new. The front desk woman was nice with a smile and very friendly. As a earlier reviewer stated no name tags on any employees.
The rooms are clean and look new. Several of the electrical plug covers were missing the screws and just hanging on the walls. We had to go to the front desk to ask for towels (only 3 in the room), tissues (empty), and toilet paper. (only 1/2 roll)
The breakfast was great. Lots of choices. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carroll, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I travel for business I always try to locate a Comfort Suites, this time was no exception. The Amarillo Comfort Suites on Western Plaza Drive delivered! The staff was very friendly and strived to make my stay the best! The hotel could have been rated as a 4 or 5 star hotel based EVERYTHING, including the size of the rooms, the cleanliness, the bright and bold colors used to decorate the rooms. Most of the staff was friendly and accomodating, with the exception of the front desk woman in the morning when I checked out. She only offered a frown, no warm greeting and no name tag to identify herself. Beyond her everyone made me feel welcome! I would definately stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business