“Nice property!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Hobbs, New Mexico
“Nice property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've worked at a Comfort Suites for over a year and know the brand standards and everything. This was an extremely NICE property. The staff was very hospitable. The whole hotel was very modern and the beds were really comfortable! I have a hard time sleeping away from home but have zero complaints on this hotel. The indoor swimming pool has a pretty cool location and once you're outside from there, theres a really nice sitting area. It was also conveniently located to a ton of great restaurants and right off I-40 but set far enough back that we never even heard any of the traffic outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in a suite and it was very nice. My only gripe is not having a hair dryer. I had to ask the front desk via phone. Then my husband had to go to the desk twice. I finally did get one but with as nice a hotel as tis is. I feel like a hip, modern hotel like this should have the things any High end establishment would have. Also we had to ask for toilet paper. Everything else was great.

Room Tip: I am sure these are just growing pains and they will fix these things.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have worked in Hospitality for many years and I know first hand the standards that are expected from comfors suites this property has gone above and beyond the room was spotless except for our ice bucket being sticky not a big deal wiped it out was good as new shower was amazing and the room stayed nice and cool I was very impressed the breakfast the following morning was delicious and the gym was OUTSTANDING! I was able to get my three mile run in and some cardio and after sitting in the car for 12 hours it was awesome to strech would definatly stay again!

Room Tip: Second floor you hear people walking on floor three and four but it is the most comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Beautiful hotel that open in May of this year. Great location with shopping and chain restraurants near by. Missing details however lower the experience. Bath has no shelves in tub area for any items or shampoo. Our room did not have any luggage racks. Breakfast was mostly carbs with strange looking eggs. The sausage was not restocked while we were there. OUr room was clean but two guests returned to the front desk while we were waiting to check in because their room was not clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SRTFWT
lubbock Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel after a soccer tournament. Our kids were really looking forward to swimming. The pool was absolutely disgusting. It was cloudy and you could not see the bottom of it. Several people were swimming in it. When we asked the front desk, she said "I don't know how to work it and the person that does that is already gone for the day". She recommended that we not swim in it. However, nothing was done to keep other people out of it. We filed a compliant with Choice Corp offices who directed us to the hotel itself. We called several times for the problem to be addressed and no one would call us back. Finally, they called said "sorry" and credited us 20% of the room cost. Poor attempt, in my opinion and poor follow-up. I will NEVER stay in another Choice Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mika M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

At 1st glance the room was spacious & modern. When I called to ask how to start the AC(which worked VERY well) I was asked if my bathroom had been cleaned. I had no idea, so I got off the phone & went to check. The toilet seat was up, toilet paper not folded, possible dirty marks in bottom of tub...just wasn't sure. Then I wiped something Orange off the seat with a wet tissue. Well, maybe they just missed a spot. I cleaned the seat with a baby wipe & decided to assume the tub was stained. Then this morning, as I was checking to make sure we hadn't left anything in the beds(we were with 4 kids) I found a black sock in between the top & fitted sheets, near the bottom of the bed where the bedding was all still tucked in. Ewww! Seriously?! You can't even be bothered to change the bedding in between guests!? Gross. Also noticed after shower when the mirror was foggy that someone had left us a drawing & message on the mirror that showed up when it fogged. No sheets were on the sofa bed so we had to ask for those & make the bed ourselves, I guess those were clean. Breakfast not bad pastries, waffles, sausage, eggs, etc.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank loveme1time
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

As mentioned this is a new hotel and a very nice one at that. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate but the cheese in the mini-omelet was a gross yellow paste - we scraped it out. Waffle maker made waffles in the shape of Texas - kinda cool. Maybe because it's so new there are still some bugs to work out. Our room did not have a bath mat and lacked a backup roll of tp. Not a big deal but attention to detail is important. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple