“New Hotel with a few kinks to work out”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Beautiful hotel that open in May of this year. Great location with shopping and chain restraurants near by. Missing details however lower the experience. Bath has no shelves in tub area for any items or shampoo. Our room did not have any luggage racks. Breakfast was mostly carbs with strange looking eggs. The sausage was not restocked while we were there. OUr room was clean but two guests returned to the front desk while we were waiting to check in because their room was not clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SRTFWT
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel after a soccer tournament. Our kids were really looking forward to swimming. The pool was absolutely disgusting. It was cloudy and you could not see the bottom of it. Several people were swimming in it. When we asked the front desk, she said "I don't know how to work it and the person that does that is already gone for the day". She recommended that we not swim in it. However, nothing was done to keep other people out of it. We filed a compliant with Choice Corp offices who directed us to the hotel itself. We called several times for the problem to be addressed and no one would call us back. Finally, they called said "sorry" and credited us 20% of the room cost. Poor attempt, in my opinion and poor follow-up. I will NEVER stay in another Choice Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mika M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

At 1st glance the room was spacious & modern. When I called to ask how to start the AC(which worked VERY well) I was asked if my bathroom had been cleaned. I had no idea, so I got off the phone & went to check. The toilet seat was up, toilet paper not folded, possible dirty marks in bottom of tub...just wasn't sure. Then I wiped something Orange off the seat with a wet tissue. Well, maybe they just missed a spot. I cleaned the seat with a baby wipe & decided to assume the tub was stained. Then this morning, as I was checking to make sure we hadn't left anything in the beds(we were with 4 kids) I found a black sock in between the top & fitted sheets, near the bottom of the bed where the bedding was all still tucked in. Ewww! Seriously?! You can't even be bothered to change the bedding in between guests!? Gross. Also noticed after shower when the mirror was foggy that someone had left us a drawing & message on the mirror that showed up when it fogged. No sheets were on the sofa bed so we had to ask for those & make the bed ourselves, I guess those were clean. Breakfast not bad pastries, waffles, sausage, eggs, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank loveme1time
Reviewed July 2, 2012

As mentioned this is a new hotel and a very nice one at that. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate but the cheese in the mini-omelet was a gross yellow paste - we scraped it out. Waffle maker made waffles in the shape of Texas - kinda cool. Maybe because it's so new there are still some bugs to work out. Our room did not have a bath mat and lacked a backup roll of tp. Not a big deal but attention to detail is important. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary Z
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here on our way to New Mexico and were glad we did. The fairly new and is located in a new shopping area with several restaurants within walking distance (we would recommend Blue Sky). Upon walking in to the lobby our 7 year-old said "whoa, this is a nice hotel!". While it may not be too difficult to impress a 7 year-old, I'd have to agree that is a nice place for a family. The furnishing and carpet gave it an "upscale" feel compared to other Comfort Suites in which we've stayed. Our room was spacious and felt like we were staying in a pricer hotel. We booked through the Choice Privileges program and felt like the rate was great for the comfort and feel of the hotel. The indoor pool was better than most and they had a large hot tub so you didn't feel like you were invading other guests' space when relaxing in it. The breakfast area was large and the food was standard, but good.

The only knock against the place is that the sheets for the pull-out couch bed weren't in the room and had to be requested from the front desk - we were behind others who were doing the same even.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here on my way back to Colorado. I was very impressed with the staff, and the room was very very nice. It is set back from the interstate quite a distance, so even on that side of the hotel it is very quiet. The breakfast was good also. I was very impressed with this facility.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Loved this facility....the staff was friendly, helpful and funny! The room was beautiful, clean and new....almost needed a step stool to get on the bed. Needing a quiet down time this was perfect....I extended my stay an extra day just to relax and enjoy feeling spoiled in a nice facility. Great place....think anyone would enjoy it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo