“Outstanding service, clean and friendly, incredible management”

Homewood Suites Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding service, clean and friendly, incredible management”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

The room was clean and we had a very relaxing stay - we stayed on the way to Colroado and on our return. We had one issue during our outbound trip that was resolved above and beyond all that I expected. One of the managers, Anita was amazing. This is a world class manager. We left this hotel feeling as though we had made a friend. A very rare experience! Thank you Homewood Suites - thank you Anita.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The only reason I am writing this review is because the issue of no pool towels is RAMPANT! I stay in hotels all the time and this problem is only getting worse. There is a sign in your room directing you to NOT take room towels, and that there will be towels at the pool. Then when you are about to get out of the pool (outdoor at that) you notice there are NO TOWELS and the entire family has to walk back to the room soaking wet. Also the food offered at night just needs to be scraped. Go out and eat. There are some great restaurants in Amarillo. Especially the Big Texan!

1 Thank JohnEDallas
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed here over the 4th of July. The rooms were big and there was plenty of space to do everything. The location was handy for restaurants and the Interstate. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. We did have some problems with our refrigerator in our kitchenette. It didn't cool very well at all even after adjusting the temperature and it also wouldn't make ice. Also went down to use the exercise equipment and the cycle machine was broken so used the treadmill instead. Also the pool was outdoors and it was bad weather some of the days we were there so it limited it's use. An indoor pool would have been our preference. Overall a good hotel with just a few glitches.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Nice hotel, clean. Maybe a little overdecorated but that's just personal taste.
My room was clean and comfortable, although there was a dead bug on the floor and the main door seemed thin - wasn't heavy and could hear lots of hallway noise. In the bedroom, though, was quiet. (Was in a suite.)
"High Speed" wireless internet was anything but. We got 100kbps in our room - barely twice the speed of dial-up. Got 20x that fast via cellular service from our provider. Disappointing.
It's located on the west end of town, which is fine if you're passing through on I-40, since it has lots of resturants and even a nearby mall. Neighborhood was fine.
Price was about average to other hotels in the area, so good but not outstanding value.
Staff I talked to were nice and helpful.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Clean + efficient. Nicely appointed. The kids loved the pool with an awesome warm wind was blowing! Laundry room was easy and breakfast + service was good. Checked in at 7pm, checked out at 7am. Nice quick re-group and rest while driving across the USA.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Free hot breakfast 7 days per week and dinner 4 days (M-Th) per week.
The food is okay, good for its price (free).

Rooms in any hotel vary greatly. I stayed in the same room on two occasions, one month apart. The suite (one room - large studio) was spacious enough, clean and well appointed, except for the moth holes in the blanket and the occasional holey towel. One could not shave at the sink because the water would take 2-3 minutes to warm up or run hot and then cold while the faucet lever stayed in the same position. The shower was on a different circuit and was okay.
During my first stay at Homewood, the carousel in the microwave did not move. When a maintenance woman spontaneously knocked on my door and asked if everything was alright, I mentioned the carousel. The next time I stayed in the room, the carousel turned, accompanied by a loud, earsplitting grinding sound. I twice had to call down to ask that the unit be replaced - I told them the whole story - and after two days I was able to use it without the grinding sound; but the carousel would not turn. I then guessed that the carousel had been disabled to begin with. They wouldn't or couldn't replace the microwave.
I was wakened on Sunday morning by loud persistent talking in the hallway by the maids, accompanied by dropped tin bucket and maid cellphone going off. This was louder through the wall near the bed than at the door. Also, maid service varies from excellent to thoughtless.

When I asked for a late checkout, I was informed that there is an extra charge for late checkout (!). Being on the road for nine months, I often take advantage of this usually free perk. I hope this does not become a traveler-exploiting policy among hotels - much like paying for luggage has become.

The glass salt and pepper shakers in the kitchenette are filled with little travel packets of salt and pepper. These were replaced as I used them by the maids during my first stay here and allowed to run out during my second stay.

Wireless internet and business center were reliable. Wireless was moderately slow.

This hotel cost my sponsoring company $100/night. I could probably do better using internet.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
east texas
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is a great Homewood Suites hotel. The Old World decor with large mirrors, dark wood, and beautiful lighting was a nice surprise. Breakfast is wonderful, with cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc. The employees show pride in their work, including the breakfast chef. The room is stocked with glasses and plates. There is a full-size refrigerator, microwave, and a stove & DW. It's a home away from home. Free internet was fine. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple