“Great Business and Leisure Hotel”

Homewood Suites Amarillo
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 19, 2006

Well worth the extra drive to the western edge of town (I-40), this place has it all. We were road-weary from an eight-hour drive and this was so clean, professionally decorated and comfortable that it far exceeded our expectations for the price. Great business center with computer and printer, wonderful breakfast buffet (included in price of room) and nice workout room and pool. Better than many 3 and 4 star city hotels.

2  Thank gobuffs1981

Reviewed March 18, 2006

This is a beautiful hotel! We stayed one night in a two bedroom suite. The rooms are elegantly decorated and just outstanding! It was very clean and comfortable. We stay at a lot of Homewood Suites when we travel because we have 4 small children and we need the extra room. This Homewood Suites is by far the best I have ever seen! It is in a good area with lots of places to eat and shop. The hotel appears to be very new. We would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank nisbeal
Reviewed December 2, 2005

Someone certainly went to great lengths to make this hotel stand out. You half expect to see Liberace's ghost in the opulent lobby. Catches you offguard in Amarillo. The rooms are very nice, above average for Homewood. I was disappointed in the breakfast though. Eggo-type waffles and dirty coffee mugs. The owners may have read the review below about the understaffed front desk -- I noticed there were always two clerks available. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank ingleberg
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We stayed here one night, while passing through on our way home after a family vacation. We have stayed at several Homewood Suites before and have always been satisfied, but this particular one was a notch above the rest! It appears to be quite new, with spectacular decor in the lobby and breakfast area, and even a grand piano in a transitional room off of the lobby. The hallways and rooms were also nicer than most, with granite countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom sink area, and a faux king-sized poster bed in the bedroom. Our son said the that sofabed in the sitting room was also more comfortable than most. The bathroom was comfortably sized with the sink in an adjacent area just outside the bathroom. Other amenities were greatly appreciated, including the free internet access (usable with 1-800 numbers) and pretty pool area.

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate and included sausage patties and scrambled eggs, in addition to the typical items of fruit, juice, waffles, cereals, bagels, etc.

The only reason that I didn't rate this hotel as "excellent" was that it seemed to be staffed sparingly the evening we got there. There was one individual at the front desk who was checking people in, as well as dealing with problem resolutions--requests for linens, ice, etc. This meant frequent trips to the front desk for basic items, oftentimes to wait until a check-in was completed. I am not faulting this individual person, as they seemed to be working very hard to satisfy everyone, but it is a problem I've noticed at other Homewood Suites in the evenings. I feel that there should be back-up staff to the front desk personnel at all hours, so that things can run more efficiently.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank easw
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2005

We stayed at the Homewood Suites on July 1st and the hotel oveall was nice and new. The lobby and facilities are fantastic for the price. However, there were A BUNCH of girls' high school basketball teams staying there and they were running wild all over the hotel. I don't know if the hotel was having a hard time dealing with them or not, but when I asked for a crib, I had to call back 3 times to get it. The manager finally brought it himself after realizing that the guy who was supposed to bring it just did not. More negative before the positives -- the A/C was SUPER loud and then it would be silent after finally getting used to it, which made our kids wake up a lot at night. Also, the bathroom was too small for the crib, which is why we stay at Suites in the first place -- to have enough room for our two cribs.
Now the good -- The breakfast was nice and there was a lot of selection. The pool and basketball area were more than you would expect for an I-40 Amarillo hotel. The back of the hotel was quiet and the parking was ample.
I would recommend this hotel on an off-weekend or if you were not traveling with little ones who need more service than most.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 27, 2005

What charm and elegance. Have you ever danced with your sweetheart as the Cole Porter grand piano was playing? Have you ever paused to steal a kiss from your sweetie in an exquisite lobby housing a flower arrangement as big as her heart? Have you had the opportunity to toast to your love in the lovely surroundings of the Bull and Bear? The Waldorf is all of this and more. The suite is so expansive that my darling, jokingly, said to me, "This is so large, it's for people who don't want to be near each other." The Staff was simply amazing not to mention how friendly they were. There was one gentlemen who was completely outstanding by the name of RK Sidhu. His behavior, attitude and appearance was great, my wife thought he was extremely attractive young man who came off a cover of GQ, on a side note!! As a whole, the Hotel was a wonderful experience. and would definetly recommend it to ANYONE if you want to stay in a Classy Hotel!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Hotel is right off of the highway, stayed on the highway side and heard no highway noise. Reserved the 2-Queen suite it was clean and pretty spacious. Had minor requests (towels, lightbulbs, etc...) which were handled very quickly and politely by the staff. Breakfast was good and satisfying. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005