“Amarillo Texas review of Homewood suites”

Homewood Suites Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Denison, Texas
“Amarillo Texas review of Homewood suites”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Over all very good. Would have liked the pool to be an inside pool since I was traveling in the winter. The suites were very clean and the rooms did smell good. I asked for a nonsmoking room and I was very pleased that it did not smell like smoke. I have stayed in other places that eventhough they said it was nonsmoking it still smelled like smoke, so I was very pleased that my room did not smell like smoke.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Eagle Pass
Reviewed January 28, 2013

From the beginning this Homewood Suites would be great except they love to triple charge a stay when booked from them. I was billed on arrival for 576.00 for stay booked at 501.36 they charged my credit card then next day they charged my card again for 567.22. Then try to get the charges reversed I thought the homewood suites meant their word wrong I was charged again. On arrival no working phones in the room breakfast was the pitts each morning with cold runny eggs plus they couldn't keep coffee in your own room. beware and stay away! Worst part they charged my card a fourth time with no communication from management!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pikefish63
spain
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights here on our journey back to Las Vegas.We have been on the road for 6 weeks and traveled nine states.
You feel that after all these nights in hotels we have some opinions,This was not one of our favorite hotels.
The receptionist on check in had to be asked for the general information about the hotel.
The room was a king suite the type we have stayed in many times, some larger than others.This was average size at the back of the hotel near the back door which was very noisy.The room had stained chairs, sticky mugs and a door that had mind of its own to open. The bathroom had a dickey light that house keeping should have picked up as it was blinking like the Bates Motel sign.
The evening drinks had plastic glasses and no real service, they should stay at the Wichita Home Wood suites to see how it is done correctly.
Breakfast was chaos with no one checking to see what was running out until it actually had run out.
Topping up the coffee with a jug in front of us and no cakes of any kind, this was a first for me as in all of my hotel stays there has always been cakes.
That said, the hotel was easy to find and easy to park, it is on the main route to down town and easy to navigate.

There was Hilton Garden next door and the usual hotel chain suspects with in minutes drive.
I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel.

Management need to read comments and improve!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 128.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here in January, 2013 and absolutely loved it. We had a king suite with a sofabed, and it was one of the roomiest, most comfortable rooms we've ever had. The kitchenette was great; even though we didn't do any cooking, having a full-size refrigerator was a nice extra. They will even go grocery shopping for you if you need! The breakfast was good; about what you woukd expect--I did notice they started running out of buffet items around 9:00 am, but would make more of something for you upon request. In all, we loved the place, and would most certainly stay again. We also had a great dinner at the Sweetgrass Steakhouse next door, so in all, our short stay in Amarillo was all good!

Room Tip: King suite with a sofa bad is a great deal for families with small children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice Homewood suites that is decorated and furnished better than any that I have stayed in before.
Everything was great but the breakfast. Yes I know it is free but it is part of the hotel rate. We got down to the breakfast area and my wife gets the last plate. Eggs are gone and attendant says ten minutes till next batch. She puts sausage on her plate and moves on and I take a couple of sausages and a biscuit on a knapkin. Knives are dirty. We sit down. My brother comes down. No plates, eggs or sausage. Moves to get some cereal but no bowls to put it in. Grabs a couple of milks and sits down down to eat. Ten minutes later my wife notices that some hot food is coming out and she moves in. Snags some eggs and sausage for my brother. No clean silverware. I give my brother my used fork to use. Yes they were a bit busy and the two girls working the area were doing their best to keep up. This is something they do everyday and should not be having problems like this. This is a serious management problem.

• Stayed December 2012
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Over the past 15 years, we've stayed in a dozen or so Homewood Suites. All have been good, this one is GREAT. We've stayed here three times, on our annual trips to Albuquerque. Have a reservation to stay again in late January.
The location is great for folks headed west, It is just off the westbound side of I-40, and you are right on the edge of the city. There are many places to dine along the I-40 access roads in both directions.
The suites are elegantly furnished. It is obvious the owner and management of this property take great pride in it. Staff are friendly and professional.
The breakfast is very good; you know you're getting close to New Mexico when you see green chile on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Forney, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

It was OK, certainly better than some places I've stayed in! There is no restaurant there so you have to walk or drive for food. It's a LONG way to Palo Duro Canyon from here. The BIG Texan restaurant is close-by. Can't be 100% sure it was this hotel's fault but either here or at the Canyon, I contracted a serious case of ringworm that I battled with for a MONTH. Only thing I did differently than the other 4 family members was to sleep on the pull-out sofa sleeper so who knows. It was OK I suppose, all in all.

• Stayed September 2012