Homewood Suites Amarillo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX(Amarillo)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsred robinliving roomoutdoor poolevening receptionpull out couchbusiness tripsmall kitchenfull kitchenhome away from homecomplimentary breakfastking suitevery nice hotelfitness centerwest sidegreat place to staycomfortable bedsstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Over the past 15 years, we've stayed in a dozen or so Homewood Suites. All have been good, this one is GREAT. We've stayed here three times, on our annual trips to Albuquerque. Have a reservation to stay again in late January.
The location is great for folks headed west, It is just off the westbound side of I-40, and you are right on the edge of the city. There are many places to dine along the I-40 access roads in both directions.
The suites are elegantly furnished. It is obvious the owner and management of this property take great pride in it. Staff are friendly and professional.
The breakfast is very good; you know you're getting close to New Mexico when you see green chile on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

It was OK, certainly better than some places I've stayed in! There is no restaurant there so you have to walk or drive for food. It's a LONG way to Palo Duro Canyon from here. The BIG Texan restaurant is close-by. Can't be 100% sure it was this hotel's fault but either here or at the Canyon, I contracted a serious case of ringworm that I battled with for a MONTH. Only thing I did differently than the other 4 family members was to sleep on the pull-out sofa sleeper so who knows. It was OK I suppose, all in all.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank rickybear1959
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stopped twice in Amarillo on a road trip from Vegas to Ok City. It is a lovely hotel. We found it to be very clean and comfortable. The manager recognized 2 people in our party from a stop they made a year ago. We like the pool, the rooms were lovely, and service was excellent. The hotel provides breakfast and a very nice evening reception. We actually had a very nice dinner provided by the hotel on one of our stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We picked this hotel to recharge on our way home because we've had good experiences with Homewood Suites in the past. We only stayed 6 hours, got up after a horrible few hours of rest to depart at 5 am - several hours ahead of our planned departure. Did not get the sleep we needed.

The kind-sized bed sagged in the middle, the sheets did not fit the bed and came off after an hour, the floor creaked loudly waking us and our downstairs neighbors. We'll avoid this hotel next time!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Homewood S, General Manager at Homewood Suites Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the floor as well as the bed. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here while I was on business with a railroad company located in Amarillo. It was an okay stay. Nothing super special, however nothing bad, either. It's located next to the freeway, however no noise, located near (one street over) lots of food selections, and within 1/2 mile of grocery store and Target. My husband and I stayed next door at the Hilton Garden Suites in late May 2012. Both properties are comparable. I agree, it's priced a little higher than most Homewood Suites, however it seemed in line for properties in Amarillo. The manager was kind and it was obvious she's mentoring her employees in guest services. I was disappointed that they didn't offer free washer/dryers (it's a buck - most Homewood Suites don't charge). I did utilize their dry cleaning service and I was happy. My clothes were returned to my room, front desk called and broght them to me. Nice room, it was clean, and front desk was helpful - and wanted to be helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business