“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Orlando, Florida
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed at Homewood Suite twice over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The one bedroom suite was spacious. The couch wasn't overly comfortable but nice not to have to watch TV in bed. The bed was comfortable enough. There is a kitchen and full sized fridge. Rooms are very clean. Shower pressure was good. Price was good for all the space you get. The breakfast is just ok but its free. Staff is helpful and friendly. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We gave this hotel a second chance over Thanksgiving. There have been noticeable improvements since May. The staff is much more attentive. Breakfast area is now cleaner with staff keeping food refilled and hot. The variety was much better. The tables were cleaned and front desk staff was over seeing entire service and speaking to guests. A very nice touch. Rooms were much cleaner. There was a very polite maintance gentleman on duty in the eve which was great when we had no plug in bathtub and it was fixed immediately. I now would return to this hotel and reccomend it to all.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We’ve stayed at this Homewood Suites several times over the last 5 years. Our recent stay started a bit strange as there was no clerk at the front desk, just a printed sign saying “away from the property, will return soon”. The clerk did finally return after about 10 minutes, and the check-in went fine. But we did have to wonder why a major hotel would leave their property unattended.

The rooms are large, well equipped, and nicely decorated. Breakfast was average, about as expected, but the coffee was only lukewarm.

Overall, it was a good stay, and a great value, and we feel comfortable and safe at this Homewood. Several restaurants are nearby, including a well-run Red Robin next door, and a Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot where we got take-out.

We would return to this Homewood on our next trip through Amarillo.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTripAmericans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had expected to stay in Clarendon, TX, but arrived too early to stop for the night, so chose to keep driving. I had no reservations in Amarillo, but we stopped off I-40 and checked-in at Homewood Suites.... our first time at this chain. We were pleased with the front desk service, the huge suite, the cleanliness, and..... the price. It was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was hot and quite good. It was a chance encounter that I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JSS3
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We spent 3 nights in Amarillo, our main objective was to see Palo Duro State Park - a short 20 min drive from the hotel. This is a beautiful property, but the shining star is the mgr, Anita, who addresses any concerns IMMEDIATELY, even when she is not on the property. Not only did she answer questions via e-mail before we arrived, but during our stay. Very good value with the great breakfast and the light dinner in the evening. We would definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was in Amarillo for a one day business trip and stayed at this hotel. The room was excellent with an adjacent office area with everything that you needed. But here is the kicker - I don't ever write reviews but felt compelled to do so after an outstanding experience. I had to arrange a taxi to the airport. The front desk called me in my room and offered to have the shuttle take me to the airport, instead of a $25 taxi, at whatever time I wanted! wow - that was cool. Then they offered to get a breakfast plate made up for me so I wasn't "hungry on your flight" before I left. They delivered it to my room! In 22 years of traveling - that is a first! Congratulations to the staff and Homewood Suites in Amarillo. You are a cut above! I will most certainly be back. Trevor.

Room Tip: My ground floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dalhart, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We now have stayed here three times passing through Amarillo Texas. We have been very pleased with the Rooms and service, even great for families . Clean Conveniently located right off of Interstate 40 in a safe location next to several restaurants. Reasonable priced for all the amenities. Complimentary hot breakfast, Gym pool and rooms are suites or studios with kitchens The lobby is beautiful. We watch for discounted hotel sites for better rates you will surprised the rate what we payed here last time. Only a two digit #. Even for night passing through on the Interstate. .

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family