This is a very nice hotel, but it has some drawbacks. For 2 mornings in a row the bath water was warm, but not hot. Not the way I like to start the day. For 3 days in a row I put a hand-towel on the floor because it had a long hair on it. Twice the maid put the towel back on the rack with the hair still in place. Finally, as another reviewer mentioned, the surrounding properties aren't very impressive. Krispy Kreme is boarded up (closed), and the hotel next door looks terrible (it also has boards over some windows).
If I come to Amarillo again I will look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Texas Panhandle, our hotel is close to Interstate 40 and Amarillo's medical and shopping districts, and is just minutes from Amarillo's top attractions including Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the American Quarter Horse Association, The Big Texan Steakhouse and Route 66. Each room comes with an always clean and fresh Hampton bed(R) and complimentary WiFi to help you stay connected. Enjoy our free hot breakfast each morning, stay active in our fitness room, take a dip in our heated indoor pool, or stay productive at our business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amarillo/West
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo/West Hotel Amarillo
- Hampton Inn Amarillo
- Hampton Inn Hotel Amarillo
- Amarillo Hampton Inn