“Comfort at a great price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West

Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
the West
“Comfort at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently visited Amarillo to attend a wedding. The families all stayed at the Amarillo Inn, which is located near a number of eating establishments and with easy access to I 40 and all the places we needed to go for the wedding events. The Amarillo Inn was clean with comfortable beds and thick towels. For those who wanted to use them, there was a swimming pool and hot tub as well as a fitness room and business center. From 6 - 10 each morning, we had access to a continental breakfast that included sausage and french toast.

For $62.00 a night, you can't beat this. I was very pleased with all aspects of our stay and highly recommend the Amarillo Inn to others.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, north wing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wildfloweroftheWest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
LIVONIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wonderful Stay! After trying several Chain Hotels, and them either not having what we were looking for or being so ridiculously expensive, we were pushing on 9:30 at night and we had promised the kids they could swim. Not only was this hotel reasonably priced, the rooms were big and very nice! They left the pool open for us. The front desk clerk was so very nice! And the breakfast....better than HI E & LaQ, which are my favs. My daughter was so impressed, we were wishing we could take this hotel with us, so we could stay here every night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LAtwin
Keller, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Every Hampton that I have stay at are always excellent. This Hampton however, was sub par. First of all, they didn't have our reservation on file, but when I call the 800 number it was on file. Since their computers were down, they couldn't give me a receipt for my stay. They also told me that i would not be getting my Hilton Honors points for this stay. Secondly, the first room that they gave me was already occupied by a guest. I am just glad that I didn't walk in on someone. Thirdly, the internet was not working. When I asked the front desk about it, they told me that it had been down for a while. They had no clue when it would be working again. Finally, breakfast for very lacking. The coffee and OJ was watereed down, and there was no milk for the cereal. Hopefully Hilton is going to make some changes soon, because this Hotel is giving them a bad name.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel until they make some changes.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael B
Duluth, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have stayed at a great many Hampton Inns and have rarely been dissatisfied in any serious way. Our room was pleasant enough, but the a/c did not work, even though there was an adjustable thermostat in the room. My husband then discovered that the thermostat was simply a decoration, not connected to anything! Luckily, the weather was reasonably cool, so we didn't suffer...The breakfast was ok and the front desk person was helpful when we asked questions about Amarillo, but not about the a/c issue. I agree with others that the surrounding area is not particularly pleasant and certainly has a deserted feeling about it. I would not choose to stay here again, as there are many alternatives on the West side.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joelmari
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here once before and it was ok but they were doing renovation. When we came back we had 2 reservations but my grandma and grandpa had to stay at the Fairfield inn courtesy of the Hampton inn because there reservations where messed up. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotel needs to be renovated. Tub was worn and moldy. The sofa in my suite was severely stained. I stayed here because my first and second choices had no rooms available. Booked room for three nights, but checked out after one night. Location didn't feel safe.

• Stayed May 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

About what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - comfortable, roomy and clean. The room was standard - two queen beds and a separate bathroom. Pretty fast connection to the net, and a standard selection of cable channels.
I don't know when the last update was completed at the hotel, but it is starting to show some age. In addition, half of the lights spelling "Hampton Inn" that can be seen from I-40 are burnt out. Though neither of these previous comments caused an uncomfortable stay, if Hilton wants to keep its reputation up, it should pay attention to these details.
Cookies on arrival and a good warm breakfast. Easy on and off to I-40, though not right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business